Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan roles

Options
  • 04-01-2012 1:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Right, this is something I promised a while ago so time I deliver; this is an initial draft on role split. Feedback please :)

Ingame roles
    Recruiter – Accept & invite people
    Treasurer - Access to guild vault
    Diplomat – Access to counter spy operations (currently not in place)
    Field Commander – Can see (and place?) chips on map
    Deputy Commander – Can place chips, change roles
    Company Commander – All of the above

2x Recruiter – Follow up potential and existing recruits, confirm their attitude will mesh with B-IE and act as a guide in the beginning
    2x Treasurer – Post daily gold balance in a thread and post weekly hand outs (once we own land and keep it)
    1x Diplomat – Official contact for other clans, negotiate deals and/or are involved in the negotiations, preferably has previous negotiation experience
    X x Field Commander – People who regularly lead combat in the field (and are not Deputy / Company Commanders)
    4/6x Deputy Commander – At least 1 from B-IE & 1 from TIICD, takes all clan decisions by vote on TS, can remove any position by unity (with Commander for Deputy commander position), decides which maps to focus on etc. including the rotation. Responsible to place the daily chips according to the agreed schedule
    Company Commander – Only has a vote if the deputy commanders cannot agree, main focus is to act for the best of the clan, smooth things over, have private discussion with people discontent, work on tactics & policies (such as this document), take notes etc. Administration rather than decision power basically but is the final point if a decision can't be reached.

Detailed roles and responsibilities

Recruiter
    • Responsible to act as a role model of B-IE esp. outwards vs. other clans (i.e. no taunting, cursing, threatening etc.). Failure to do this would indicate a failure to perform duty and risk them being removed from their position
    • Responsible to review, discuss with, and accept new recruits to the clan
    • Ensure the recruit is a good fit with the clan
    • Ensure that recruits are not left hanging without a response from the clan
    • To look for potential candidates outside applicants (B-IE recruitment post, non clanned people, leads from other B-IE members)

Treasurer
    • Responsible to act as a role model of B-IE esp. outwards vs. other clans (i.e. no taunting, cursing, threatening etc.). Failure to do this would indicate a failure to perform duty and risk them being removed from their position
    • Post daily gold balance
    • Calculate expected gold per 24h cycle (to match against actual increase in vault)
    • Calculate gold allowances (based on whatever formula decided by Deputy Commanders)
    • Hand out gold allowances (at whatever interval is decided)
    • Control check the gold amount on a regular basis from older numbers to avoid someone skimming

Diplomat
    • Act as the main face outwards on forums and in game for the clan
    • Negotiate any clan to clan deals and present them to DCs for decision
    • Be the “go to” person for any other clan
    • Maintain the list of clans with hostility against us/us against them

Field Commanders
    • Lead the CW activities on the map, the battlefield commander
    • Choosing the appropriate team for the map and the strategy they wish to implement
    • Listen to the feedback on their tactic including unhelpful criticism and utilize this to improve the clan tactics
    • Post strategy summaries of central fights (land, finals) and the tactics we used, tactic enemy used and how things played out
    • Lead test battles and train the clan on execution of tactics
    • Note, this is a position that tends to lead to burn out and FCs are not part of the normal 6 month cycle. The deputy commanders can appoint new FCs as they see fit and remove FCs if they don’t remain active with the standard requirement

Deputy Commanders
    • Place chips on map according to agreed schedule of maps
    • Run the day to day activities in the clan
    • Take day to day and strategic decision on longer term goals
    • Most decisions, esp. all longer term impact decisions, done by vote on TS
    • Meet on at least weekly basis on TS to discuss outstanding points
    • Maintain a list of points to discuss and the outcome of said points
    • All important decisions are taken by vote; at least 75% (i.e. 3 or 5 out of 4/6) majority required for decisions to hold
    • If a decision does not reach the required votes the company commander has the final vote no matter how it ends up (i.e. if is 4 for suggestion A, 2 for suggestion B and the company commander says B then B it is even if the actual vote is 4 / 3).
    • Appoint the FC for a given map or failing that have to lead the map themselves
    • Can remove any person from any given position with a full vote (i.e. 4/4 or 6/6); for removal of DC replace the DC with the company commander instead

Company Commander
    • Act as administrator of the clan
    • Work on policy documents (such as this one) to be discussed and voted by the DC
    • Act as the final vote in case of a DC tie in votes
    • Work on resolving issues in the clan that may arise
    • Attend the DC meetings that occur
    • Act as a go to person as back up for the Negotiator
    • Work behind the curtains to pour oil on the waves and ensure things run smoothly
    • Be the face outwards of B-IE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well done Dan, great post.

Personally I think with CW being down, now would be a good time for you to get all these roles finalised and people in their positions and begin to get ourselves back into competitive mode.

Are people going to apply for the roles (and voted on), or are people going to be picked?

Just curious really.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

looks good dan. well thought out and clearly defines roles. i can do tresurer if needed as i am online almost every day

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My initial thought to limit the time would be for people to nominate themselves to the role(s) they would be willing to do. The clan then has 1 week to vote in the deputy commanders & commander (I'm not sure if I'd set it up as a straight vote or a weighted vote yet but I'll think about it) who'd then fill the final positions based on the people who nominated themselves.

Nody wrote: »
    My initial thought to limit the time would be for people to nominate themselves to the role(s) they would be willing to do. The clan then has 1 week to vote in the deputy commanders & commander (I'm not sure if I'd set it up as a straight vote or a weighted vote yet but I'll think about it) who'd then fill the final positions based on the people who nominated themselves.

Have you decided when you're taking nominations? IMO it would be good to have this all done before CW returns

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have you decided when you're taking nominations? IMO it would be good to have this all done before CW returns
    Well for starters I want people to say they are fine with the roles before I ask for people to nominate themselves (also helps if the majority are registered with access to ensure they can vote/read it) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Good post Dan, very precise, and i would agree with dub, the roles need to be sorted out preferably before CW returns

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Good document & well thought out , maybe you should set a date for nominations as roles seem fine

CW allegedly back in 3 days, the 9th, so it would be an idea to get this sorted before then.

I think you have all the replies you're gonna get at this stage TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

Both Myself and Bruffio discussed our opinions on this and as a result this is both our nominations for the positions below

Recruiter – Phil3995,Purescouse + deputy commanders if needed

2x Treasurer – Ptegan,

2x Diplomat - Gitfeatures, Dublingunner.

X x Field Commander – Davelister,Kooso,Fragit,Mercenaryireland

4/6x Deputy Commander – Bruffio, Huntseeker, Fionn Mc Coule, Paddygolightly, Rogue Dotc, KAC_PDW

Company Commander – Dangrim

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭G-spec

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Good document & well thought out , maybe you should set a date for nominations as roles seem fine

What Paddy said :rolleyes:

Definitely a step in the right direction for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Both Myself and Bruffio discussed our opinions on this and as a result this is both our nominations for the positions below

2x Treasurer – Ptegan,Fragit

2x Diplomat - Gitfeatures, Dublingunner.

X x Field Commander – Davelister,Kooso,X,Mercenaryireland

4/6x Deputy Commander – Bruffio, Huntseeker, Fionn Mc Coule, Paddygolightly, Rogue Dotc, KAC_PDW

Company Commander – Dangrim or Paddygolightly

i would go with the same line up except to switch me. my computer is in the same room as the wifes soaps

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    i would go with the same line up except to switch me. my computer is in the same room as the wifes soaps

Just don't give her access to the funds :D

Originally Posted by Fionn Mc Coule

2x Treasurer – Ptegan,Fragit

2x Diplomat - Gitfeatures,

X x Field Commander – Davelister,Kooso,Huntseeker,Mercenaryireland

4/6x Deputy Commander – Bruffio, , Fionn Mc Coule, Dangrim, , KAC_PDW, Dublingunner/Rogue Dotc/.Davelister

Company Commander – Paddygolightly

i'll give nomination a chance

Field Commander – Can see cannot place chips on map

2x Treasurer – Ptegan, Fragit

X x Field Commander – Davelister,Kooso,Fragit,Mercenaryireland, DotC

4/6x Deputy Commander – Bruffio, Huntseeker, Fionn Mc Coule, Paddygolightly, *Dublin_Gunner, KAC_PDW

Company Commander – Dangrim / *Dublin_Gunner

I might be being optimistic, but I thought I did a fairly decent job when I was Commander, and I'm nicely refreshed now after the break I took. Hopefully no bridges have been burned.

I basically put myself up for nomination to the positions I think I would do the best job in, as I'm not entirely sure I could afford the time that should be put into training as a Field Commander.

I put Dan in for Cmmdr also, as he was the one I chose to be my replacement back then.

Field Commanders need to be in the roles to take command / control of certain aspects of the team - such as arty/scout, heavy's, mediums, and as such, I would envisage the Field Commanders to have all highest tier tanks in their particular discipline, and to be able to afford the time to training.

Might I also add that I would put the recruiter's down as 'training officers' also. GIving new recruits all the info they need, ensuring they're set up to play within the clan etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

Ok this is where I stand. I don't know everyone so can only base my information on what I have seen or heard over the past month.

Recruiter – Phil3995 ,Purescouse + deputy commanders if needed

2x Treasurer –

X x Field Commander – Dave_lister, Kooso,Mercenaryireland

4/6x Deputy Commander – Bruffio, , Fionn Mc Coule, KAC_PDW, Dublingunner /Rogue Dotc/ Dave_lister

Company Commander – Paddygolightly/Rogue Dotc

I don't mind taking on any role providing it doesn't become a chore or takes over RL

Just reminding people that CW is back tomorrow...

The prob is not many actually bother to check this webby for updates , let alone nominate/vote , run as is for tomorrow , then sort things out by next weekend ??

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    The prob is not many actually bother to check this webby for updates , let alone nominate/vote , run as is for tomorrow , then sort things out by next weekend ??
    We currently have 52 accounts with access, our clan is at 99 members and we got at least 3 confirmed people in the support clan. Yea, that's weak sauce for sign up :/

I can arrange a poll quickly on Survey monkey for multiple choice and/or weighted choice set up or throw up the nomination posts but with only half the clan here we're missing a lot of potential people to nominate themselves (and I'd want self nomination only to avoid people being voted on who don't want the role).

Nody wrote: »
    We currently have 52 accounts with access, our clan is at 99 members and we got at least 3 confirmed people in the support clan. Yea, that's weak sauce for sign up :/

I can arrange a poll quickly on Survey monkey for multiple choice and/or weighted choice set up or throw up the nomination posts but with only half the clan here we're missing a lot of potential people to nominate themselves (and I'd want self nomination only to avoid people being voted on who don't want the role).

The fact of the matter is - are the people that haven't bothered even signing to the site yet, gonna be all that bothered about a vote??

I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

Thanks for the nomination, means I must have been doing something right as recruiter of TII :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement