Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Ireland

• 04-01-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I apologise if there is a thread for the following questions!

I am moving over in three weeks for a job in Dublin and would like some advice..

1. What do I need to set up a bank account? Usually you need a proof of address..

2. How do I get a PPS number?

3. Any shipping company recommended?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Some advice for you in this thread (ignore the bits about the guy it it who's coming without a job to go to).

Hard to recommend shipping companies without knowing where you're coming from - maybe ask people in your current country.

If you need accommodation, www.daft.ie.

If you need Dublin-city advice, try the Dublin City forum.

... welcome to Ireland!

I apologise if there is a thread for the following questions!

I am moving over in three weeks for a job in Dublin and would like some advice..

1. What do I need to set up a bank account? Usually you need a proof of address..

2. How do I get a PPS number?

3. Any shipping company recommended?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Chessala

Heya,

Was in your situation not even 2 years ago so here for your question:

1. For a bank account you need a proof of address (utility bill, letter from employer, letter from your landlord, PPS letter etc.) and identification (ID, passport, driver's license)

2. For your PPS you need basically the same as stated above and head to the local Social Welfare Office.

Some more information can also be found on the citizeninformation page here: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/personal_public_service_number.html#ld1a9a

Can't really help with shipping companies either I'm afraid.

Hope all goes well and Welcome =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Where are you based at the moment? If you're in London, can recommend the same people who moved me & my husband's aunt.

PM me if you need details.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭leecurlywurly

Hi all,

Thanks for your help :) Guess it's better to wait until I get an address before continuing with paperwork stuff.

Moving from Brighton - near enough to London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Moving from Brighton - near enough to London.

That's very close to me. If you still need the mover's details, PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement