Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Grammar Questions..

• 04-01-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

hey i just have a few questions to ask that might be easy but i'm just confusing myself here a bit...

If you are writing "tá an file..." but the poet is a woman should it be "tá an fhile.." or is the h only for TG.
    also if you're writing "throughout the poem" (Tríd an dá(i)n) is that Tuisil Gindeach or do you not put in the "i"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 spalpinfanach

xclw wrote: »
    hey i just have a few questions to ask that might be easy but i'm just confusing myself here a bit...

If you are writing "tá an file..." but the poet is a woman should it be "tá an fhile.." or is the h only for TG.
    also if you're writing "throughout the poem" (Tríd an dá(i)n) is that Tuisil Gindeach or do you not put in the "i"

am file is firinscneach so its just an file no h.. it doesnt depend on the duine its the actual ainmfhocal itself, like an cailín..
    and yes tá an ceart ar fad agat, cuir isteach an i

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

am file is firinscneach so its just an file no h.. it doesnt depend on the duine its the actual ainmfhocal itself, like an cailín..
    and yes tá an ceart ar fad agat, cuir isteach an i

go raibh míle! :)

Advertisement