Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vandalism at harbour

Options
  • 04-01-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Over the past few weeks serious damage has been committed at the harbour. This morning I counted 5 of the new light fittings smashed. This takes some force to break, as the light covers are made from toughened heavy duty glass. The same mindless vandals could well have been responsible for the smashing of the pavement lights from the south beach car-park to the library towards the end of last year.
    What kind of gurriers can be doing this. The stand that carries the life buoy was also knocked from its position. It has since been tied to the railings. Does nobody care about this very welcome amenity to the town. Vigilance is needed and these mindless hooligans must be stopped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

vinpaul wrote: »
    Over the past few weeks serious damage has been committed at the harbour. This morning I counted 5 of the new light fittings smashed. This takes some force to break, as the light covers are made from toughened heavy duty glass. The same mindless vandals could well have been responsible for the smashing of the pavement lights from the south beach car-park to the library towards the end of last year.
    What kind of gurriers can be doing this. The stand that carries the life buoy was also knocked from its position. It has since been tied to the railings. Does nobody care about this very welcome amenity to the town. Vigilance is needed and these mindless hooligans must be stopped.

I saw the broken lights down at the Harbour, such a pity. But do not forget the Bus Shelter in Charlesland, I think it was less than a week when it got smashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Less than 48hours, possibly less than 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

It happens. Fact of life. Short of holding a vigil and catching the scrotes in the act there's not much you can do about it.

BTW How did a post entitled "vadalism at harbour" end up on the bus shelter in Charlesland, which had it's own thread (pics and all), in one post :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Swanner wrote: »
    It happens. Fact of life. Short of holding a vigil and catching the scrotes in the act there's not much you can do about it.

BTW How did a post entitled "vadalism at harbour" end up on the bus shelter in Charlesland, which had it's own thread (pics and all), in one post :confused:

The OP also mentioned vandalism at the South Beach carpark, should this have been allowed seeing as it had no bearing to the Thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

RosieJoe wrote: »
    The OP also mentioned vandalism at the South Beach carpark, should this have been allowed seeing as it had no bearing to the Thread title?

I'm not a mod so it's not for me to say what's allowed or not. I simply added my thoughts on the subject and an observation on the thread. The question was rhetorical. No more no less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks - please stay on topic

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement