Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Bus Stations

Options
  • 04-01-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction?? I don't know Galway that well so forgive my lack of knowledge :)
    I need to travel from Castlerea to UCHG in a couple of weeks and was going to use bus eireann - would anyone be able to tell me which bus station would be nearest to UCHG??

Thanks & Happy New Year to you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

As lucianot said, the BE buses go into the train station off Eyre square (the private ones go to the coach station on Forster St, about 200 yards away). From there you can get a bus (#5 goes over that way I think) or taxi to the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

Thanks for the responses - much appreciated :) Now to google Bus No5 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bijou wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses - much appreciated :) Now to google Bus No5 ;)

Just to be picky ... that's 5W ... or (provided you don't want the Breast Clinic end of the hospital) 4W or 2d or 2w

Check out the University neighbourhood map, to see where the bus routes go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

JustMary wrote: »
    Just to be picky ... that's 5e ... or (provided you don't want the Breast Clinic end of the hospital) 4e or 2d or 2w

Check out the University neighbourhood map, to see where the bus routes go.

JustMary, think that would be 5W (going west from Eyre Square)

• Advertisement

vulcan57 wrote: »
    JustMary, think that would be 5W (going west from Eyre Square)

Arrgh, how did I do that! Now fixed in the original, many thanks.

lol now I'm confused :confused:

I actually want to get to the main entrance of the Hospital (is that on Newcastle Rd??). So JustMary, if I've read the link correctly it's the 5W I need to get?

Sorry for such dumb questions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

bijou wrote: »
    lol now I'm confused :confused:

I actually want to get to the main entrance of the Hospital (is that on Newcastle Rd??). So JustMary, if I've read the link correctly it's the 5W I need to get?

Sorry for such dumb questions :rolleyes:

5W, 4W, 2D and 2W will all go that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

To bring it down to simple Galway terms: just ask anybody where the Knocknacara, Rahoon or Newcastle bus goes from and you will be pointed to the bus stop. They all leave from across from O Connells pub which is just up from the station and all pass the hospital.
    Once the bus passes the Cathedrial ring the bell and the next stop will be facing the hospital.

... just ask anybody where the Knocknacara, Rahoon or Newcastle bus goes from and you will be pointed to the bus stop.

Ahh, good luck with that. Most will stare at you blankly and claim they don't know anything about the buses. And some might hear "Knocknacarra" and think ye mean the red bus (which is no good in this case)

OP, you want the bus-stops up the top of the road opposite Fibber McGees, rather further down by O'Connells.

The bus-stop after the cathedral is right for 4W & 5W. But 2D or 2W get you a tad closer: ring the bell just before the traffic lights at the big intersection (not just the pedestrian crossing) after the Cathedral.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's only a 15 minute walk from the Bus station to the hospital OP.

Thanks Guys - all answers much appreciated - might try the walk if it is a nice day and me bus runs on time into Galway :D

Haha might even get a bit of shopping in on the way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

you would be faster walking anyway with the state of the traffic around town. It will only take about 10 minutes.

you would be faster walking anyway with the state of the traffic around town. It will only take about 10 minutes.

It's about a 2km walk, according to Google maps. I'd allow 20-30 mins myself, depending on how energetic you feel Maybe a little more if you don't know the city and have to work out directions to follow.

Advertisement