Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the requirements for a fireplace hearth

• 04-01-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey

What are the requirements for a fireplace hearth? I am going to lay wooden semi solid flooring down. I have taken out the hearth that was there previously so the cement base for the hearth its now level with the existing flooring. I have no fireplace in at the moment, just a hole in the wall.

Eventually i want a stovax insert to go in. If this needs a deep enough hearth, I should do this I think before the flooring, so the boards can come to it instead of it going on top of the boards and making the hearth higher.

I would prefer though just to put tiles down on the boards in lieu of a hearth. Is this ok? Will it protect from the heat etc?

Thanks allot for any replies

Advertisement