Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy electives?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I'm in 3rd year of a 4 year degree.

If I choice a 1st year module as an elective, will the marks I get in that contribute to my GPA at the end of the year, or is it just the 3rd year modules that get counted?

(I badly need the GPA)

Thanks in advance!!

PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Yep, you can pick the 1st year module for your GPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Yep, you can pick the 1st year module for your GPA.
    ^ This, but it'll also be on your transcripts what levels your modules were (if that matters for you).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Does anyone have any experience with "Anarchy, Law & the State" (PHIL30230)? It's a third year philosophy module. I'm doing it at the minute and I find it quite interesting given that I have a libertarian disposition.

However, I wondering should I change it as I want to boost my GPA. Does the lecturer (Professor Gerard Casey) mark hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

Does anyone have any experience with "Anarchy, Law & the State" (PHIL30230)? It's a third year philosophy module. I'm doing it at the minute and I find it quite interesting given that I have a libertarian disposition.

However, I wondering should I change it as I want to boost my GPA. Does the lecturer (Professor Gerard Casey) mark hard?

You should have a look at the past exam papers on your SIS web if they're available.

EDIT: Actualy, it's kind of pointless now seeing as how registration closed at five o'clock...

• Advertisement
Advertisement