Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-day breakfast in City Centre?

• 04-01-2012 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Wild Onion and Jake Cake are closed. What are your favourite spots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Greene's does an all day breakfast, while it's a decent location, I wouldn't really rate the breakfast, it was just a bit dry when I had it, and as far as I recall, the orange juice and coffee were charged extra.

The John Street Deli does a great value great tasting all day breakfast, while the Horse and Hound also do a good one, I can't remember if it's all day or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

oh all-day breakfast, damn, i "think" aubars does an all day breakfast, but i've never been in there so i couldn't tell you what it's like. i can certainly vouch for as another poster said, the horse and hound, fantastic quality irish breakfast and great value too at €8. o' connells then aswel do a fantastic full irish and have a wider variety menu if you just want a continental, just as good value too!

there was a "breakfast in limerick" thread here before but it's probably earned zombie status by now.

actually now i think of it, i recently had a quality breakfast roll from supermacs of all places believe it or not! and at €5 twas none too shabby either! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

Ok. Greene's, Horse & Hound.

There's also Lulu's near the Glentworth on Catherine St. And the place opposite the Old Stand on Henry St.

I think the John St Deli is closed again?

And can someone confirm what Supermac's is serving as "breakfast"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

the breakfast itself alright in all honesty is pretty miserable, i saw another customer getting one, the plate looked just, well "empty", small sausages, crumpled up rashers, one hash brown, cant remember if there was or wasnt any beans on the plate now but i said "feck that!".

i was caught for time so hence i didnt have time to head down to the horse and hound or o connells, so supermacs and go was the considered option. oh and i think i paid extra for the coffee too but can't remember off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

So let's just cross them off the list, I think :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

postdarwin wrote: »

I think the John St Deli is closed again?

Nope, they are open everyday: the closed for a bit a few months back (new management, refurbushment etc). Still very good breakfast, and very good value. They are open from ~7.30-8.00 am, mon-sat, but they do close up early enough (~3.30pm ish); later opening (~9.30 am) on sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Eddie Rockets apparently do a great all day breakfast.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Brunch in Upper William Street is very good, and keen value too. €8 for breakfast is pricey these times.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Honourable mention to French's Catherine St/Roches St Junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The restaurant in the train station, "Platform 5" does a smashing all-day breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

roast wrote: »
    The restaurant in the train station, "Platform 5" does a smashing all-day breakfast.

I'd never have thought of there! Great shout. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'd never have thought of there! Great shout. :)

Every sunday I'm there, in the vain hope that the yummy breakfast will nurse my hangover. It doesn't work, but by jaysus the food is good! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Rafferys on william street (Danes Bakery) great brekkie and great value 2 :) i also second john street deli fab food as well :)

Brunch in Upper William Street is very good, and keen value too. €8 for breakfast is pricey these times.

I think it's only €6 if you get in before 11.00am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Horse and Hound do all day breakfast akaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Any place do a really good eggs benedict?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

O'Connor's on Thomas St. do a very good one, but having said that, it's been months since I indulged in an Eggs Benedict there or anywhere (had to cut down on ham and sauces - Hollandaise in particular :( ).

Hopefully they've maintained the standard, think it was about €8 which incl. beverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

europa11 wrote: »
    O'Connor's on Thomas St.....
    Ate there once, and ... well ...

Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Gone downhill so, pity!

Sage Cafe maybe or Frenchs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

does pier one still do the €5 breakfast? it was pretty comprehensive if memory served!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Constab2

Synotts on the Dublin Road (Annacotty) did a fabulous breakfast & very reasonable, haven't been there in a while so unsure if they still do it.Worth a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

+1 for John St. Deli plus owners are great guys always willing to share a laugh and joke with customers.

Was in there a couple of weeks ago and some kid was short some money for a shake ( about 80c short ) and owner left him off with it , I though you dont see that enough these days

constantg wrote: »
    does pier one still do the €5 breakfast? it was pretty comprehensive if memory served!

It's still pretty comprehensive (the breakfast itself hasn't changed) however the price has, it's gone up to €7.95.

gaf1983 wrote: »
    It's still pretty comprehensive (the breakfast itself hasn't changed) however the price has, it's gone up to €7.95.

That's an almost 60% price increase! :eek:

That's an almost 60% price increase! :eek:

While it's a big increase, to be fair to them I used to wonder how they could have made any margin on the fiver breakfast given what you got with it. Perhaps that was just there to build up a loyal following of breakfast-goers.

yeah thinking that myself, still extortionate for what you get really......what's a fair price for the breakfast? I'd go as far as €6, mayb €7 for the works and coffee.....thoughts?

yeah thinking that myself, still extortionate for what you get really......what's a fair price for the breakfast? I'd go as far as €6, mayb €7 for the works and coffee.....thoughts?

You'll find many places that'll feed you for that, or even a little less.

You'll find many places that'll feed you for that, or even a little less.

For the full-irish? whereabouts for €6???

For the full-irish? whereabouts for €6???

Brunch, Upper William St.

• Advertisement

Brunch, Upper William St.

all day? where's that?

Advertisement