Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!

Options
  • 04-01-2012 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I bought a pair of trainers a couple of days before xmas in Office. I wore them on St. Stephens Day and noticed that one of the trainers was two different colours! Slighly different but noticably so. I returned the trainers today and was told I am not entitled to a refund OR exchange, in my eyes the goods are faulty because they are'nt what they should be but the manager in the store did'nt agree. Anybody got any ideas of what i can do?? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Are they a shoe from 2 different styles? Or are they faded on 1 side?

If they are faded, they are defective, but you didn't spot it when you bought them and now its a few wears later which doesnt put you in a great position. It comes down to what you can negotiate from the manager.

If they are 2 different styles sold as a pair, I'd write to the store asking for a refund / replacement, giving them 2 weeks to reply. After that point you may have to go to the SCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The shop made a mistake, therefore you are entitled to a refund/exchange under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.

The same thing happened to me when I bought shoes in Clarks, they helped me no bother though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scubasteve1

One wear later..... Same style shoes, navy, the front part of the shoe is a different shade of navy to the rest of the shoe. Only the right shoe is this way. The manager offered me a 15% refund on the price I paid. I don't want shoes that are a different colour. Am I partly to blame because I didnt notice the difference until after I had worn them??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 scubasteve1

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The shop made a mistake, therefore you are entitled to a refund/exchange under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980.

The same thing happened to me when I bought shoes in Clarks, they helped me no bother though.

Cheers, had you worn the shoes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

One wear later..... Same style shoes, navy, the front part of the shoe is a different shade of navy to the rest of the shoe. Only the right shoe is this way. The manager offered me a 15% refund on the price I paid. I don't want shoes that are a different colour. Am I partly to blame because I didnt notice the difference until after I had worn them??
    They are defective and you are entitled to a repair replacement or a full refund, the fact you wore them once or twice before you noticed the flaw is irrelevant but shops with poor customer service will try anything to avoid giving customers a refund for what could well be "seconds".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah in that case, I would write to the mananger asking for a refund as you are rejecting the shoes as defective, give the person a reasonable amount of time to get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Cheers, had you worn the shoes?

Yes I wore them, didn't notice they were different colour til someone pointed it out to me :o

As long as you return them in perfect condition I don't why you can't refund them as you didn't get what you paid for. Go back and demand to see the manager, then threaten to go to the small claims court if they don't see sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Just be aware that there is some provision, which for some reason I can't locate at the moment (?), that if you inspected, or had the opportunity to inspects, the goods on purchase or soon after, then the shop does not have to replace, refund etc.

The fact that I can't find it is leading me to believe it may have been repealed but in any case, the shoes were defective and/or not of merchantable quality - you should be able to get exchange, refund

Advertisement