Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic car parts and garage

• 04-01-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious is there anywhere in Limerick that does parts for classic cars (specifically an American model) and that also does installation and/or customising work on classic cars and on more modern American cars?

Am asking in here as I am curious if there is somewhere local rather than me getting work done back in the UK like I normally do. The latter option is fine when I am heading back to Liverpool and can leave the car to be worked on and to be collected the next time I am over, but somewhere local ( and whose work was high qulaity) would be handy for smaller jobs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

There is a classic cars forum here on Boards. You might get a better response there.

You could also get on to Limerick Classic Car Club or Limerick Motor Club.

I know there is a reasonable big classic car scene around here but would not know of any suppliers.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

h3000 wrote: »
    There is a classic cars forum here on Boards. You might get a better response there.

You could also get on to Limerick Classic Car Club or Limerick Motor Club.

One of my cars is an American classic car and another is also American but not a classic in terms of age, so I wanted to see if anyone knew of somewhere good in Limerick that they would recommend for work and/or parts for both.

My regular day to day car I get it's work done at the dealership, but the other two I have brought back to the UK anytime I wanted anything done, so I was just trying to see if I had decent options specifically in Limerick for the American cars for smaller jobs.

I might try the Limerick Classic Car club for information alright thanks.

Kess73 wrote: »
    One of my cars is an American classic car and another is also American but not a classic in terms of age, so I wanted to see if anyone knew of somewhere good in Limerick that they would recommend for work and/or parts for both.

My regular day to day car I get it's work done at the dealership, but the other two I have brought back to the UK anytime I wanted anything done, so I was just trying to see if I had decent options specifically in Limerick for the American cars for smaller jobs.

I might try the Limerick Classic Car club for information alright thanks.

I know there are a few users on the classics forum into American cars, they may be able to point you in the right direction for a supplier and garage around Limerick.

This is an Irish based American classic car club http://www.maac-ireland.com . Not too sure if it's much help to you or not.

I'll own an 60's Mustang some day (I hope):)

This is an Irish based American classic car club http://www.maac-ireland.com . Not too sure if it's much help to you or not.

I'll own an 60's Mustang some day (I hope):)

Used to have a '68 GT Fastback some years back. Peach of a car. Would defo recommend it as a model to look out for if you find yourself looking for a 1960's 'Stang.

I have a much more modern GT right now (2005 model) and it is a beast, but the '68 was something special.

• Advertisement

Used to have a '68 GT Fastback some years back. Peach of a car. Would defo recommend it as a model to look out for if you find yourself looking for a 1960's 'Stang.

Well if you're going to do it you might as well do it properly, sounds gorgeous.
    I have a much more modern GT right now (2005 model) and it is a beast, but the '68 was something special.
    Is it silver? I've seen a silver one around a good few times, looks and sounds great. I've seen a black one once or twice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Joe's Classic Auto's in the Eastway business park?

Well if you're going to do it you might as well do it properly, sounds gorgeous.

Is it silver? I've seen a silver one around a good few times, looks and sounds great. I've seen a black one once or twice too.

Yes it is silver so you might have seen it. There is another silver GT that is around town a lot which you might have spotted. That one seems to get driven as pretty much a day to day car whereas I don't drive mine a lot around town and if you have spotted mine it would be on Thomas street or heading out O'Connell Street/Avenue. I do take it back to Liverpool with me every now and then when I use the ferry so I would be on the motorway with it as well.

There are a few black ones about. A 2003, and at least two 2004s. There is also a nice red 2005 GT that pops up from time to time.

I took the SS up to Dublin airport last week so that she would get a long run for a change and she is very fond of long straight motorways despite her being older than I am. :D

Joe's Classic Auto's in the Eastway business park?

Never heard of it. Do they have a good reputation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Never heard of it. Do they have a good reputation?

They're only there since last year.The owner is a car nut tho :p , I had them reupholster my hardtop and a leather seat and did a great job.

I'd suggest asking for local recommendations in the classic car section.

• Advertisement

They're only there since last year.The owner is a car nut tho :p , I had them reupholster my hardtop and a leather seat and did a great job.

I'd suggest asking for local recommendations in the classic car section.

Funnily enough one of the jobs I am looking to get done is a reupholstery on the SS so I might check them out.

I took the SS up to Dublin airport last week so that she would get a long run for a change and she is very fond of long straight motorways despite her being older than I am. :D

Camaro?

Camaro?

1970 Chevelle SS 454 hardtop.

Mine is like this pic of a 396 but in black and of course with the 454 engine :).

70_Chevelle_SS396.jpg

1970 Chevelle SS 454 hardtop.

Mine is like this pic of a 396 but in black and of course with the 454 engine :).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/70_Chevelle_SS396.jpg

Jealous :(

:D
    The sound of the big V8 must excellent

Jealous :(

:D
    The sound of the big V8 must excellent

She does have a very distinctive growl :D

Advertisement