Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defrosted meat

Options
  • 04-01-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me please if I defrost meat and then cook it how long will it keep in the fridge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

5 days, id say

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Oh really, I've been throwing it out the same day because I wasn't sure it could be used the next day, I feel stupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭trackguy

5 days could well be fine but to be on the safe side I'd say 3.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Depends on the meat, mince I'd give two days,3 max on anything else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

3 days is the usual rule, but as always, trust your instincts. If it smells or looks off before the 3 days, throw it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

samina wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me please if I defrost meat and then cook it how long will it keep in the fridge?

If you get it cool within 90 mins store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

samina wrote: »

Once the meat is cooked after defrosting you can always freeze it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Thanks folks :)

Advertisement