Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does any post office have poste restante?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I'm looking for a post office in Belfast that has the poste restante (General Delivery) service. Its basically just getting mail held in the post office until you arrive to collect it. I'll be going up to Belfast for a few days and i'll need to get mail delivered just wondering does anyone know of any post office that does this. I've called 4 post offices but could only get through to one and they never even heard of the service :(
    but i called Royal Mail and they said most post offices should provide this service :confused:

Any help would be appreciated :)

more info about it
    http://www.postoffice.co.uk/letters-parcels/receiving-letters-parcels/redirection-options/poste-restante

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's hardly ever utilised these days which is why they don't seem to know what it is. The main post office in the city centre is the Bridge Street one - if you can't get through to them try customer services in Sheffield perhaps. I'm pretty sure they would do it as it's the biggest office in the city centre but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

thanks i'll give it a try

Advertisement