Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Infallible Papal Log

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Went back to the Gym today at lunch and so because of my goal for the year (which I will probably reveal around Easter) is not simple I have decided to keep a public log thing to ensure I keep going.

Bit of background - 40 and a half years old. Have been doing the gym regular since October, routine is gym during lunch mon, wed, friday, do a Strength & Core class Tuesday and Thursday Evening and told not to do gym those days. Had a break since before christmas and ate and drank like there was no tomorrow so back at it now.

Today, lunchtime, did 2k on the treadmil at 1.5% rise and about 11 kph followed by

pulling 40kg on a weight machine that simulates rowing (I am not great on what these things are called lol) 10X3 times

leg press for 40kg 10 X 3

chest press at 20kg. 10 X3

Followed by 5 min bike with an average resistance of 112

ab crunch machine using 20kg 10 x 4 times.

before christmas i was up to 80kg on the rowing and 50 on the chest press, as well as other free weights, but today i was very puffed out and sweating afterwards. Also felt my entire stomach and chest moving up and down on the treadmill, which was painful at first.

No gym tomorrow, first strength and core class tomorrow night, will update on that friday morning. It is hard.

First goal is a 10k run on the 22nd Jan in the heath, portlaoise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

"at least none of you got sick on the floor"

this was the closing comment of our trainer last night at the end of the stength and core class. it was hell but by christ I feel great today, and after my lunchtime workout too.

as far as I can remember (the mind blots out pain as a defence mechanism) this is what we did last night:

warm up : consists of running lenght of the room doing various back kickers, side hopping, arms punching in the air, punching out ahead and getting the knees up the the cheat as you ran, as fast as you can. then stretches.

first exercise - squat jumps, turning each time, (30 seconds) down on floor into push up position, bounce legs into tummy, jump up, down again (30 seconds) then knee hops into the chest (30 seconds) and finally hill climbers in the push up position (30 seconds) three sets of that.

second one - 50 crunches, then on back, hold legs stright out, arms stright out, shoulders off floor for 30 seconds, then lift legs and back side into the air as fast as you can 30 seonds. do this three times too.

third one - get the bench, press ups off the floor, off the bench, off the floor (30 seconds) followed by diamond pressups (30 seconds) and then normal pressups where you have to clap your hands when you raise yourself (30 seconds) three sets of them too.

fourth one - boxercise, one min of jabs, then 30 seconds of jumping your knees into your chest, one min of rabbit punches, another set of jumps, followed by one min of uppercuts, and another set of jumps. Switch pads and gloves with partner, do again.

fifth one -a nice relaxing plank on the floor for four mins and during that time 30 seconds of one leg in the air, then opposite arm, normal plank, other leg in air, opposite arm, normal plank, then toe tappers then normal plank.

then thats it, just final stretches.

lunchtime today did 2km on the treadmill 1.5% incline at 10-12 kph, then 40kg on the row, (10x3 sets using two different positions each time) 50kg leg press 10x3, 20 kg chest press 10X3 and finally 20x2 ab crunch at 20kg.

Great fun altogether, and during it i suddenly realised that the 22nd is coming a lot faster than i thought and I will have to hit the running track tomorrow and that i will have to cut the crap and start eating accordingly.

Christmas seems a long time ago now.

Advertisement