Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suckler welfare scheme - calf weaned too early

• 04-01-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hey all,

We are in suckler welfare scheme and last year had a cow die 6 weeks after giving birth, we then weaned the calf but are denied payment now cos the calf cant be weaned til 8 weeks which we never copped.

Only thing i can think to do is write to them saying we actually continued to bucket-feed the calf for a further 2 weeks, or stuck him under another cow. Some hope with a suckler calf! And we DID say he was weaned but willing to give it a go. Obviously the calf couldnt stay suckling his own mother anyway.

Just said I'd see if anyone has come across the scenario before?

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

my understanding is that if cow dies you will get paid for calf. "Force majeure" as they say.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hi OP I think you can appeal it, not sure what the procedure or the success rate is, as usual the dept of ag are judge, jury and executioneer:mad:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

simular thing happed to us
    they sent us a letter saying that we could appeal within a couple of weeks of the letter.
    i was not on the ball though and never sent them the appeal:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭trg

Thanks for replies folks, i'll appeal anyway and see how we go. Havent been officially notified that the payment was withheld but i can see it on agfood.ie

Will let ye know how I go

Advertisement