Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Newborn & Toddlers Off-Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Hi Ladies, my little fella had his 6 week check up today :) can't believe how fast the last 6 weeks have gone! He now weighs 11lb 9oz Eek! Doc couldn't believe how big he's gotten lol
    I just keep staring at him! I'm so in love with him it's crazy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, my little fella had his 6 week check up today :) can't believe how fast the last 6 weeks have gone! He now weighs 11lb 9oz Eek! Doc couldn't believe how big he's gotten lol

Omg can't believe he is 6 weeks already! Fine size too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I know it is 1 in the morning and i should be asleep and so should my little almost 1 yr old man, but he is wide awake and having a ball. in fact he is dancing. He is not walking so he does the usual standing at the tv unit and bopping along to any kind of music BUT he then gets down and does circles and shimmys on all fours around the floor. I have never seen this before. it is hilarious. anyone else?

he also just sneezed and took out his soother to say ahchoo with a big beaming smile.

(oh i think i may be spoiling this one ;0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

hehehe, that sounds hilariously cute!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Tigeress wrote: »

Wow.. my little man was 11lbs 3ozs at his 3month check :eek:no wonder they're asking how much he's eating. . :rolleyes: although he was only 6,13 born he's so so active. He is always kicking and jumping and trying to sit up.. if i put him sitting he'll hold for a few seconds before he keels over..:D He's very strong i can't hold him with one hand and to wind him on my knee i have to put my cheek behind his head cos he jumps.. a few times i've nearly dropped him :eek::o
    time does fly.. he'll be 4 months this saturday :rolleyes: don't know where it went (oldness makes time go faster)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

my little one hasnt pooped since sat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

red fraggle if she's exclusively breastfed without any formula supplementing I wouldnt worry too much as breastfed babies don't suffer from constipation. Breast milk is super efficient and is almost completely processed by the baby so there is very little waste. She will poop when she's ready. In the meantime if she has plenty of wet nappies and her fontenelle isn't sunken and she's generally content then she's fine. There's no need to give anything to an exclusively breastfed baby to encourage them to poop. My son went for over two weeks once without a bowel movement. Just prepare yourself for one hell of an explosive nappy.

If you are supplementing with formula you may want to visit your gp as it could be constipation.

my little one hasnt pooped since sat!

Never mind. She just had one and needed a bath!!!
    So excited about a poo:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my son used to go 10 days between poos when he was exclusive bf and even now on solids it can be every day or so and only once a day. my older to also are very 'regular' - one of the not so well publicised benefits on breastfeeding ;-)

Parsnip poo nappies :eek:
    We started on solids during the week... I held off as long as we could, but he was nealy grabbing food off our plates!
    Proper food is so much fun though, the faces he pulls are priceless :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 JenniG

A big thanks to all for your well wishes. Bub's is much better, and I got some much needed rest.

Bub's is still refusing to sleep until kicking up a large fuss at around 9ish then finally exhaustion takes over. Perhaps this is just a stage or possibly that this just might be her temperament? I am borrowing a friends baby Bjorn, she loves that, it keeps her calm & allows me to move around using both hands. But sleeping during they day is not this little girls cup of tea it seems.

Tigeress, I so agree with you, time just seems to be flying. So much so, that it seems as though that at times if I so much as sneeze I will then look up and see a toddler before me :) Oh and I'm totally jealous about this weight loss of yours I have been reading about

Red fraggle for poopy concerns: I'm not sure your little angel's digestive system is ready yet, but as solids come into the picture, my sister use watered down prune juice and swears by it.

Parent's here with twins, I know it's been said before. But will say it again, you are super hero's how do you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

The midnight rambler is off again...2 and a half year old running into us at all hours of the morning :rolleyes: He was so good for a while. I wonder will it change when the little fella goes into his own room.

The little guy did his first chuckle at the weekend...for me! Was going to sign my self up for Michael McIntyre's Comedy Road show, but then the little traitor then did it for his dad last night :p

Tis lovely to see the two boys properly interacting now. The eldest did 'this little piggy' for his little brother and I swear it would melt the coldest heart! :D

Hope all your little bundles are doing well and by the looks of the pregnancy thread, we should be getting a few more recruits soon! :eek::D

Well i did the most amazing test of the car seats today.. 2 year olds is a brittax... baby one is a graco with the base.. i have to say i was mightily impressed when the car spun and flipped 4 times and neither seat budged.. kids were fine thank christ.. i got a bad bump on the head from a flying something and my back is in a hoop .. the car's a write off :eek: the guards couldn't believe we walked away without a scratch..3 doors are bent to f**k and 2 windows went .. the boot was mangled and the glass just went everywhere :rolleyes: but we're fine and that's the important part.. 7 hours getting checked over now home with strong drugs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

cbyrd wrote: »
    Well i did the most amazing test of the car seats today.. 2 year olds is a brittax... baby one is a graco with the base.. i have to say i was mightily impressed when the car spun and flipped 4 times and neither seat budged.. kids were fine thank christ.. i got a bad bump on the head from a flying something and my back is in a hoop .. the car's a write off :eek: the guards couldn't believe we walked away without a scratch..3 doors are bent to f**k and 2 windows went .. the boot was mangled and the glass just went everywhere :rolleyes: but we're fine and that's the important part.. 7 hours getting checked over now home with strong drugs :D

Omg Cbyrd....what the hell happened?! Thank god you're all okay...hope you're not too sore in the morning. You must have got an awful fright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Omg cbyrd thank god you are all safe and sound.

holy crap!!! how did that happen!! sounds really bad!!! thank God ye are all ok and that the car seats did what they were suppose to. id say your poor body is really going to feel it tomorrow but least your two little ones are fine. ya must have got some fright!! hope ya get some rest. the drugs better be good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

cbyrd, so glad you and your little ones were ok, your dad was definitely looking out for you all today. Got a real shock when I seen it on facebook... get yourself off to bed for some rest missus x

God you poor thing, shocked when I seen your update on fb. Your poor hubbie meeting you being carted off in the ambulance too :(

As an aside, it is very reassuring in a way to hear how effective the car seats were. Not something anyone ever want's to test though.

Thank God you were all ok x

Oh cbyrd, glad you and your babies are ok. You must have got some fright :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oh cybrd you poor thing:(
    glad you are all ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Jesus cbyrd, so glad you are all alright, lucky escape!
    xx

All ok today.. the boys haven't even blinked an eye over it.. my back and head are pretty sore today but i have some strong drugs to deal with that :D I keep thinking about when te car started to slide.. my heart races and then i'm ok.. i don't really remember the tumbles.. just that i was upside down twice.. a very surreal feeling.. not one i ever want to repeat ;) Thank for all the concern.. we were very lucky to come out without a scratch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

lol @ cbyrd, so cute seeing them in their cot when they're so teeny (meltdown aside :D). If only mine would stay in a cot :P

Playbunny fingers & toes crossed your baba will cooperate and you will be able to find out the sex! How many weeks are you now?

Belated Happy Birthday baby how strange :) so lovely to have him reach so many milestones at his birthday too! Belated happy birthday baby Moonbeam too, she is a little dote! that year has definitely flown!

Tigeress that's brill that you're healing well now after the section, it must be such a relief. Was it difficult managing with your little guy while you were recovering? So lovely that he is smiling, I still remember my little girls first little smile :)

found out im having a lil boy yay, so i will have 1of each please god, im 21 wks 2mrw,
    have my daughter in a toddler bed now the last week going well so far thankfully she is 2 end of this mth, still working away on potty training, getting there,

Aw playbunny congrat's on finding out the sex!!!! So lovely, a "gentleman's family" as they call it :)
    So had you any boy's name's in mind or is it helping you plan what to name him?

Fair play to you starting on the potty training now. My little girl is the same age as your's, I had wanted to start her training soon but everyone keep's telling me to wait until after I have baby in case it put's her back or she end's up regressing with the disruption of new baba in the house.
    I'm going to wait until I'm on maternity leave to try it then.

Cbyrd you poor thing it has to be horrible reliving it in your mind. I'd say it's only hitting you today really. Hope the drugs are good and strong so you're not in pain x

Emily gave us the biggest smile today!! sooo cute:D

now if i could only help her with what i am convinced is silent reflux!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

All ok today.. the boys haven't even blinked an eye over it.. my back and head are pretty sore today but i have some strong drugs to deal with that :D I keep thinking about when te car started to slide.. my heart races and then i'm ok.. i don't really remember the tumbles.. just that i was upside down twice.. a very surreal feeling.. not one i ever want to repeat ;) Thank for all the concern.. we were very lucky to come out without a scratch..

Glad you're all ok. Just be aware that you do need to buy new car seats with them having been involved in an accident.

Glad you're all ok. Just be aware that you do need to buy new car seats with them having been involved in an accident.

Yes.. i'm covered for new seats..;)

Emily gave us the biggest smile today!! sooo cute:D

now if i could only help her with what i am convinced is silent reflux!!

Maybe try the gavisgon infant.. talk to the pharmacist, its available over the counter.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Aw playbunny congrat's on finding out the sex!!!! So lovely, a "gentleman's family" as they call it :)
    So had you any boy's name's in mind or is it helping you plan what to name him?

Fair play to you starting on the potty training now. My little girl is the same age as your's, I had wanted to start her training soon but everyone keep's telling me to wait until after I have baby in case it put's her back or she end's up regressing with the disruption of new baba in the house.
    I'm going to wait until I'm on maternity leave to try it then.

Cbyrd you poor thing it has to be horrible reliving it in your mind. I'd say it's only hitting you today really. Hope the drugs are good and strong so you're not in pain x

thanks cap, still thinking of names keep changing my mind lol, as for potty training the potty isnt out 24/7 at the mo she keeps telling me she has pee'd and its to late so trying to get her on time, tough oul going all the same, ive until end of june to get her sorted cant wait for it to be done anything else i dont mind doing

have u had an oppertunity again to find out ur baby's sex?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 JenniG

Dear god cbyrd, what an adventure!!! So glad to hear everyone is okay. How are the drugs treating you? They must be strong

Advertisement