Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Newborn & Toddlers Off-Topic Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

We're moving house the weekend after next so I'm hoping it won't upset S too much. We've been spending a good chunk of the day at the new house everyday for the last week as we're cleaning/painting/replacing the kitchen worktops/etc and he loves going there. I've brought up a lot of his toys for him to play with while we work and he has so much more freedom as it has a nice secure garden for him to play in. And the neighbour has horses and chickens that he let S come in and see the baby chicks, so he's smitten. Yesterday morning he kept grabbing my hand and saying buggy, buggy as he wanted me to put him in his buggy and take him to the house. The only thing is we hit a point in the evening where he starts insisting on going home, I'm hoping it's because we're all so busy working on the house that he's missing all the attention he normally gets. If that's all that's wrong, we should be fine as once we move we'll be less busy. The only other thing is that our current house is right across the road from my parents, so it will probably confuse him whenever we visit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

How am I only realising this now, with a 5, 4, and 2 year old that most trousers have these inserts inside the waistband that can be pulled out to make the waist smaller and pulled in as the kids get bigger and waist needs to expand. The amount of battling I've done trying to keep trousers up with belts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Sligo1 wrote: »
    My fella is 21 months old and is still taking a bottle (150ml) in the morning and a bottle (150ml) before bed. Was wondering what age ye stopped giving milk either in the mornings or evenings? He's gone off his meals a good bit the past couple weeks and I'm wondering if I cut the milk he might take his meals.... Really dreading cuttin the bottles tho....

I didn't stop my son until he was 2 and a half and then I still kept him on formula in a beaker until he was 3 lol phn was not happy but he was :-P he was going off his meals around 20 months aswell and I stopped giving him his milk but it didn't help so then I was freaking because he was having nothing and gave him back the milk. Myself and my friend had our boys 3 months apart and they both went through the hunger strike phase together. It's so frustrating and it can last quiet some time. My son is only back on veg properly the last 8 months. When I say properly I mean he knows what it is and I'm no longer hiding veg in food he likes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Thanks that's really good to hear. My heart is broke with him. I've been making/trying to make all these lovely nutritious meals for him which are landing on the floor! And this is a fella who would usually eat me out of house and home! Usually I have to restrict what he eats! The last 2 days I've not given him any morning or afternoon snack. So it's literally just been 3 main meals... And he seems to be eating them better thank god. He still won't touch his veg but at least he's taking a little bit of fruit. I'm just really not used to this...

Thanks that's really good to hear. My heart is broke with him. I've been making/trying to make all these lovely nutritious meals for him which are landing on the floor! And this is a fella who would usually eat me out of house and home! Usually I have to restrict what he eats! The last 2 days I've not given him any morning or afternoon snack. So it's literally just been 3 main meals... And he seems to be eating them better thank god. He still won't touch his veg but at least he's taking a little bit of fruit. I'm just really not used to this...

It's an awful phase. you spend your days cooking and trying all sorts. I was so determined to always feed him well but I caved and started giving him things like beans and fish fingers/goujons and those Birdseye veg fingers to try to get something semi good into him. My best trip was juicing carrots and sticking it in the sauce of his beans. He never knew lol another good one was mashing broccoli up and mixing it well in his carbonara.

It's an awful phase. you spend your days cooking and trying all sorts. I was so determined to always feed him well but I caved and started giving him things like beans and fish fingers/goujons and those Birdseye veg fingers to try to get something semi good into him. My best trip was juicing carrots and sticking it in the sauce of his beans. He never knew lol another good one was mashing broccoli up and mixing it well in his carbonara.

That's the thing! I always said I'd fed him really healthy food... But now id be lucky if he even ate baked beans or fish fingers! He won't even eat spaghetti hoops! He seems to like meat so will eat chicken or fish sometimes. Just wont touch weetbix or porridge or potatoes or any kind of veg :(. So it's toast for breakfast everyday :(

That's the thing! I always said I'd fed him really healthy food... But now id be lucky if he even ate baked beans or fish fingers! He won't even eat spaghetti hoops! He seems to like meat so will eat chicken or fish sometimes. Just wont touch weetbix or porridge or potatoes or any kind of veg :(. So it's toast for breakfast everyday :(

I have a recipe that is a massive hit with all the hunger strikers that is full of good stuff and fat (cream lol) It's a seafood chowder and all the babas in my life love it. I think it's the cream because god bless them they love their dairy. I'll dm it to you :-)

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mine was the same - went from being a gannet to eating practically nothing for me. PHN not to happy that I still give him a night time bottle, but meh, he brushes his teeth afterwards and at least I feel he is getting some nutrition on the days he eats less than a sparrow.

I've found that he tends to eat better when we are all sitting down to eat, and he eats well in creche - and its all home cooked stuff there so I let myself off the hook if I give him some processed stuff at the weekends.

I keep telling myself that he will eat when he is hungry. Hard not to worry though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My 2.5 yr old has decided she doesnt want to feed herself anymore. WNts to be spoon fed like the baba. Its driving me uo the wall. What do i do. Do i spoon feed her or leave her. She just pushes it away and says no. But the min you ask if she wants help she pushes it ovet and says help.
    Ive left her a few times and she wont eat it. Eventually gets thick and then wont even eat when i try spoon feed her.
    Its normally dinner but sometimes breakfast too or her mid morning fruitpot.
    Lunch is normally ok. But not always.
    I always make sure we sit down as a family for meals as much as possible but how do i feed baba, toddler and myself. OH feeds her too when he gets a chance though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

It's easy for me to say, when my baby isn't at that stage yet, but personally I wouldn't give in and spoon-feed her at all, if I were you.

The refusing to eat and looking to be spoonfed seems to be an attention-seeking thing, obviously she sees how much of your time is taken up with feeding the baby, so she sees this as a way of winning back more of your time.

I'd probably take the approach of putting the food in front of her, and act like you're paying little attention to how much she does/doesn't eat. Certainly, go for foods she likes (but keep it consistent with what the rest of the family is eating, don't give her special meals.) Don't spoonfeed her, or try to cajole her into eating it - she won't starve. However nothing wrong with being happy with her and giving her positive encouragement (but no rewards) when she does eat a good meal by herself.

And I know it's easier said than done, and I'm sure you're already doing it when possible, but try to give her as much undivided attention as you can outside of mealtimes.

I've only the one baby so far, and he's a lot younger than your girl, so I could have a completely different opinion a couple of years from now! :o

My son does the same thing since my daughter was born and I'm actually spoon feeding him when he wants me to and he is 3!!! He is perfectly capable of feeding himself and always does everywhere else he goes but I figure if he is looking for attention it's because he needs it. I've learned from other things that he has done for attention that if I give the attention he is looking for, whatever it is doesn't seem to go on for too long. It satisfies whatever need he has and then he is over it like the time he wanted his bath in the sink like the baby. We did it. It was hilarious and then it was over lol. Now if he is using bad behaviour for attention that's a different matter. I could also be wrong as I so often am but sure were not going to get it right 100% of the time as parents and I think once we have their best interests at heart and a bit of cop on we won't go too far wrong (I hope)

This is the conversation I'm currently having with my 3 year old... "Mammy put this in the bin" me "I'm not your slave" him "but I'm playing subways surf so sometimes you have to be my slave" me "oh is that right?" Him "yes and you have to get me a drink too" someone needs to be schooled lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 2 year old did the same initially, had to be spoon fed once the baby arrived.

It's a form of regression, there world has changed and they are looking for some extra attention, I don't see it as naughty though. I fed her when she asked, it lasted about 2 months. We had done blw so it was one of the first times I had to feed her

When we started to wean the baby the 2 year old regressed again, wouldn't use cutlery just her hands like her sister so we went with it, and it passed

I know it's a pain trying to feed everyone but I would say go with it, and he'll eventually want to do it himself again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Sounds like a phase Suucee, I'd feed her if she really wants you too, I'm a believer in picking battles & some just aren't worth fighting.
    I'd say nothing about feeding her but make a big deal when she feeds herself or if you see one of her friends, cousins etc. feeding themselves say something like "oh look at so & so feeding themselves like a big boy/girl" but just don't draw comparision with her not feeding herself.

Thanks for the tips. She fed herself no prob this morning which is good. Not unusual for breakfast anyway as shes starving. Main problem is dinner . Shes a fantastic eater. Always has been so i dont want to lose that. Hopefully doesnt last long.

• Advertisement

This is so weird but everytime I talk to little man about something new it always comes up on one of his shows. I was telling him about signing last night for the little boys and girls who can't hear and now it's on Mr Tumble. It always happens.... Very strange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Mr Tumble is a creepy evil mind reading sorcerer :eek::eek::eek:

I KNEW IT!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Hi all,
    our 9 month old starts daycare tomorrow. The hubby and I are both having a hard time dealing with the thought of giving him over to someone we barely know, but I suppose that's a natural reaction. The childminder we have is maybe in her late 40s and has been doing this for 18 years. She has 3 other kids, one which is only a few months older than our lad, so I hope that will be some company for him.

I can see how bored he is at home now - all of his toys have lost their appeal, and while he likes playing with his mammy, I think the company of other babies/kids is really what he is needing now. I will try to hang onto that thought tomorrow!

Has anyone any other tips about how to best help him (or me:o) deal with this transition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

oh god, i remember leaving our son with the childminder for the first time, it was horrible. i felt like such a mean mammy, leaving my child and all. was in tears on way home. he whinged for a little bit but was then so distracted by all the new toys, attention and other kids that he was happy out for the rest of the day.

i found dropping him off, quick goodbye and leave worked best for us, even when (and especially when) he started crying (he sometimes did), as hanging around trying to comfort him with our childminder around made it even more difficult for him to let go and also made it difficult for her to distract him and get on with their day.

other than that - you'll be grand ;) and he'll love having other kids to play with as well!

Hi all,
    our 9 month old starts daycare tomorrow. The hubby and I are both having a hard time dealing with the thought of giving him over to someone we barely know, but I suppose that's a natural reaction. The childminder we have is maybe in her late 40s and has been doing this for 18 years. She has 3 other kids, one which is only a few months older than our lad, so I hope that will be some company for him.

I can see how bored he is at home now - all of his toys have lost their appeal, and while he likes playing with his mammy, I think the company of other babies/kids is really what he is needing now. I will try to hang onto that thought tomorrow!

Has anyone any other tips about how to best help him (or me:o) deal with this transition?

I have just started last week and they are ok but it's killing me. My friend gave me a great tip to help me and I brought it up with our childminder today and she agreed. My friend gave her minder a little book to fill in little comments throughout the day. What she is doing and funny stories about things she has said to people while out and about. She said she loves sitting down in the evening and reading it. Can't wait to start mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Hi all,

My little daughter had her first day in crèche today. She loved it and she was so well looked after. I agree with the logbook, I got a little book filled in with what she ate, her sleep, her nappy changes and what kind of activities she did and how she interacted with other children. One of them was 'she loved baby Imogen, she kept stroking her arm' :). I thought that was so cute.

It's hard on the Mammies and Daddies but your baby will love it. Once you have your first day over, you won't give it a second thought. Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hey ladies. Baby Merkin will be graduating to his cot shortly as is too big for his Moses basket now (where is the time going?!) I've just gone online to buy cot side bumpers, did a quick search and see that www.nct.org.uk advise against getting them. Is this a commonly held belief? Baby Merkin is a busy little boy, a real little wriggler, and I don't want him to hurt himself on the bars given how active he is. Has anyone got any ideas/recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Merkin wrote: »
    Hey ladies. Baby Merkin will be graduating to his cot shortly as is too big for his Moses basket now (where is the time going?!) I've just gone online to buy cot side bumpers, did a quick search and see that www.nct.org.uk advise against getting them. Is this a commonly held belief? Baby Merkin is a busy little boy, a real little wriggler, and I don't want him to hurt himself on the bars given how active he is. Has anyone got any ideas/recommendations?

I've read that before that they're not recommended alright. Are you using a sleeping bag? They're great for stopping the limbs getting stuck in the bars.

Thanks kandr10. Yes, he sleeps in his little Grobag, I suppose that would do the trick! Am thinking of his little head I suppose too!

The mesh ones are brilliant and all over eBay but yeah the standard bumpers are no longer considered safe :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I have mesh cot bumpers- my little boy is a very active sleeper and is constantly smushing his face against the bars and bumper but he can breathe right through the mesh one. so he doesnt wake up from bumping his head and i can sleep easy knowing he can still breathe if he sleeps against the bumper. they are getting quite common. I have seen them in world of wonder, in tk maxx and i think there is even an irish web site that sells them as well.

Thanks kandr10. Yes, he sleeps in his little Grobag, I suppose that would do the trick! Am thinking of his little head I suppose too!

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/400749915492?nav=SEARCH

any tips on how to get our 8 months old onto a bottle? going back to work soon so our childminder needs to be able to feed him. tried every teat and a few formulas, he's not having any of it in any combination. he'll take the sippy cup, but only for sips, not larger feeds. (he gets solids but also boob after lunch and as a snack...)

help!

galah wrote: »
    any tips on how to get our 8 months old onto a bottle? going back to work soon so our childminder needs to be able to feed him. tried every teat and a few formulas, he's not having any of it in any combination. he'll take the sippy cup, but only for sips, not larger feeds. (he gets solids but also boob after lunch and as a snack...)

help!

O galah, we had this same problem with L! It was just awful! It took us 6 weeks of trying every day! Have you tried the MAM bottles? We tried every bottle and it was eventually the MAM ones that worked for us. But this could have just been because after 6 weeks of trying she gave up refusing!

Husband would give her the bottle standing up bopping her and cradling her while she looked out the window! I know it sounds daft but this was the only way she started to take it. Nightmare!! She takes it fine now tho. Also maybe try her with EBM initially as opposed to formula? Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Yes! :)

My little one is sick the last week or so with a cold and she is sleeping so much. As much as I am liking being able to do so much housework I feel so sorry for her. My son has it two weeks now and is only starting to come back to himself. It's an awful dose! :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Hope she's better soon Emmadilema. It must be so horrible seeing your little one ill like that and be powerless to do anything, I'm dreading it!

Jerrica wrote: »
    Hope she's better soon Emmadilema. It must be so horrible seeing your little one ill like that and be powerless to do anything, I'm dreading it!

Yeah it's awful when they are sick. Breaks my heart but they are so much more cuddly when they are sick too so I kinda like that part. Playing dr mammy lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Amazing weekend! My son pulled himself up to standing twice this weekend. He has been kneeling in the middle of the floor over the last couple of weeks so I thought he was going to be going around in his knees forever more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Amazing weekend! My son pulled himself up to standing twice this weekend. He has been kneeling in the middle of the floor over the last couple of weeks so I thought he was going to be going around in his knees forever more.

Aw that's great news, the wee pet. What age is your son? My daughter is doing the kneeling thing too. She's 13 months now and hasn't pulled herself on furniture or anything. She can walk whenever she's ready but I can see that she wants to do it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭newtoboards

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Aw that's great news, the wee pet. What age is your son? My daughter is doing the kneeling thing too. She's 13 months now and hasn't pulled herself on furniture or anything. She can walk whenever she's ready but I can see that she wants to do it now.

He is almost 11 months. There has been concern from the medical professionals with him not putting his feet under him at all and then all of a sudden he starts doing this. I was a late walker so I wasn't concerned but it seems he wants to get moving sooner than I did as a baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

A nappy question!

I've been using a mix of aldi, pampers newborn sensitive and pampers newborn since my little one was born 8.5 weeks ago. I prefer the aldi nappies as they have a less chemically smell but in terms of absorbancy for wees and poos I find them fairly equal. We have had the very odd small leak if the nappy comes loose around the hips but nothing major.
    HOWEVER! Yesterday I started using pampers baby dry. I found it great overnight as she produces gallons of wee. After changing it this morning she then pooed and it was everywhere. Up to her armpits etc. She only poos every second day so when she does there is a lot of it and it can be a bit loose. But we've never leaked like this. I'm not sure if she just did a bigger/looser poo than normal or if the baby dry just can't contain poo as well.
    What are other peoples experiences??

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    A nappy question!

I've been using a mix of aldi, pampers newborn sensitive and pampers newborn since my little one was born 8.5 weeks ago. I prefer the aldi nappies as they have a less chemically smell but in terms of absorbancy for wees and poos I find them fairly equal. We have had the very odd small leak if the nappy comes loose around the hips but nothing major.
    HOWEVER! Yesterday I started using pampers baby dry. I found it great overnight as she produces gallons of wee. After changing it this morning she then pooed and it was everywhere. Up to her armpits etc. She only poos every second day so when she does there is a lot of it and it can be a bit loose. But we've never leaked like this. I'm not sure if she just did a bigger/looser poo than normal or if the baby dry just can't contain poo as well.
    What are other peoples experiences??

I used aldi and pampers newborn but when i switched to baby dry found them loads better. Ive a few aldi left but find they leak so will be stocking up anytime on baby dry. Was the samewith my daughter too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I bought Babydry once. Never again. Every second one leaked poo. Maybe its just us, because everyone else seems to rave about them, but Tesco have been much better!

I bought Babydry once. Never again. Every second one leaked poo. Maybe its just us, because everyone else seems to rave about them, but Tesco have been much better!

Funny this has come up actually! Was just thinking about it. We have always always used baby dry on our son since he was a month or 2. All other nappies leaked on him and since using baby dry we've not had one leak! He's in size 6 now!

But.... On my daughter who is now 6 months, we started on pampers new born which were lovely but then moved to baby dry when she started sleeping longer. They have always always held in the wee but started constantly leaking every time she pooed!! This started happening a couple months ago when she was in size 3. I mean, it'd leak when she had only pooed 2 minutes before so it wasn't because she was being left in them to wriggle around or anything!! However, A couple weeks ago we changed to size 3+ And haven't had a leak since. I know the 3 and the 3+ overlap in size but "I think" the + sizes give slightly more absorbency? Fingers crossed we don't have anymore
    Leaks...

Funny this has come up actually! Was just thinking about it. We have always always used baby dry on our son since he was a month or 2. All other nappies leaked on him and since using baby dry we've not had one leak! He's in size 6 now!

But.... On my daughter who is now 6 months, we started on pampers new born which were lovely but then moved to baby dry when she started sleeping longer. They have always always held in the wee but started constantly leaking every time she pooed!! This started happening a couple months ago when she was in size 3. I mean, it'd leak when she had only pooed 2 minutes before so it wasn't because she was being left in them to wriggle around or anything!! However, A couple weeks ago we changed to size 3+ And haven't had a leak since. I know the 3 and the 3+ overlap in size but "I think" the + sizes give slightly more absorbency? Fingers crossed we don't have anymore
    Leaks...

I would tend to agree that it's usually a sizing issue. I think sometimes people move up the sizes based on babies weight (like the pack states) but I learned the hard way to stay put on size until they were looking too small as opposed to oh she is such and such kg now so I'll get her a bigger nappy. My little one is almost 17 months and still on size 4 lol but she is a slip of a thing.

My sister in law had to go back a size when her little one started walking because she skinnied out a bit.

I would tend to agree that it's usually a sizing issue. I think sometimes people move up the sizes based on babies weight (like the pack states) but I learned the hard way to stay put on size until they were looking too small as opposed to oh she is such and such kg now so I'll get her a bigger nappy. My little one is almost 17 months and still on size 4 lol but she is a slip of a thing.

My sister in law had to go back a size when her little one started walking because she skinnied out a bit.

Yes totally agree with you there! My brute was in 4+ for ages and ages only until a short time ago and he's big! Then he went to 5 and 5+ And was out of them and in 6s within a month or 2. He must've been in the 4+ Before he could walk so was prob in them well over 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Two questions

Do any of your bubs try and drink the bath water? Mine sucks the sponge and finger puppets and dips her hand in and scoops the water out..

Also, it's more than likely the change of room, but I had a good routine going. Bath, cream, night nights, bed, bottle, rub and sleep. But now she is still wide awake after the bottle. What age did you cut out a nap? She does get tired during the day but I'm not sure if she needs two anymore.. But how do you go about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

loubian wrote: »
    Two questions

Do any of your bubs try and drink the bath water? Mine sucks the sponge and finger puppets and dips her hand in and scoops the water out..

Also, it's more than likely the change of room, but I had a good routine going. Bath, cream, night nights, bed, bottle, rub and sleep. But now she is still wide awake after the bottle. What age did you cut out a nap? She does get tired during the day but I'm not sure if she needs two anymore.. But how do you go about it?

How old is she now loubian and what times does she nap and how long for?

Yeah both mine are fish in the bath - and considering they are both in the bath together it's pretty disgusting. I tried not to draw too much attention to it ( as that only seems to make them do things more) and just say no and take the sponge etc away and distract with a different toy! But generally I think it's pretty harmless!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

dublinlady wrote: »
    How old is she now loubian and what times does she nap and how long for?

Yeah both mine are fish in the bath - and considering they are both in the bath together it's pretty disgusting. I tried not to draw too much attention to it ( as that only seems to make them do things more) and just say no and take the sponge etc away and distract with a different toy! But generally I think it's pretty harmless!

She's almost 14 months!! And at home, she naps around 10/11 for an hour and then 2/3 for an hour or two. In crèche I think it depends but they try get her down st roughly the same time. However, she might only sleep 20 minutes for them. Her bedtime is between 7.30 and 8 and I do the same routine every night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My one is 19 months and would have a two hour nap once a day - two naps just won't work and yes drinks bath water too - I caanot stop it so Don't use any suds in the water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Our boy is 1 week old in 3hrs time.

I'm learning the velocity of urine can't be underestimated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

loubian wrote: »
    She's almost 14 months!! And at home, she naps around 10/11 for an hour and then 2/3 for an hour or two. In crèche I think it depends but they try get her down st roughly the same time. However, she might only sleep 20 minutes for them. Her bedtime is between 7.30 and 8 and I do the same routine every night!

My youngest is 16m and for the last about 2-3 months just naps from 1-3.30 or 2-4 ish with her older sister! If we are somewhere in the morning she might fall asleep in car for 20 mins but I try prevent it as it interrupts her nap! She used to nap at 10am and 2pm but I just brought the nap forward to 12 ish and now it's more flexible - she sleeps now for about 2 hours like her sis. If she's very tired in eve I put her down at 6.45, if she's ok it's more like 7.30

its not just velocity, also distance travelled can be quite amazing. Our son managed to wee on the fireplace from the couch when he was quite young, and I didn't even think to stop him as I just watched in amazement at the distance (a good meter and a bit :eek:) :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement