Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value place for mid-high end range computers

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm looking to get a computer with an i7 processor, 1+ TB HDD 4+ GB RAM etc... i would prefer a HP
    Where do you think i can get the best value?

decided to build it now, so please help with suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Would you consider building one? You'll honestly get much better value and specs if you do. HP computers can be baught in dixons, PC World, Harvey normans etc but a self build is really the way to go.
    I can move this to "PC Building and Upgrading" where members can spec up a machine, if you feel daunted by the task there are many members who will help you along the way. Theres plenty of video on Youtube on how its done and you have these forums to ask questions if you run in to difficulty

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bikr

Never thought of this option.
    I always thought that off the shelf machines are cheaper since the manufacturer is buying parts in thousands rather than singles.
    Please move the thread to see what specks options i get. i not too good at specking :(
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

bikr wrote: »
    I always thought that off the shelf machines are cheaper since the manufacturer is buying parts in thousands rather than singles.
    Please move the thread to see what specks options i get. i not too good at specking :(
    thanks.

Manufactured PC's are cheap cos they use cheap parts and cheap labor to slap them together. Self building is the way to go. All the parts you buy will come with a better warranty and be of better quality. Building one is not hard. If you can follow instructions putting an IKA table together you can build a PC. There are lots of video's on Youtube on how to do it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bikr wrote: »
    thanks.

I'll move the thread over there now, please tell the lads your Budget, if you need a monitor, mouse & Keyboard, Speakers, Wifi card etc :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

If you fill this out - as well as any other points you think are important - we can help you spec out the best possible machine for the money. Plenty of people here will also help you with the actual building too if you need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 bikr

Thanks in advance for your help :)

If you want to ask about a new build, please include as much of the following information as possible in your thread:

1. What is your budget?
    [€750]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Photo &video editing / Office suite (PowerPoint/Word) /Internet / ]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? NO

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [22’ +]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals?
    Yes [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/camera]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser] any

9. When are you purchasing? [anytime]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [No help required]

Advertisement