Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going with tesco mobile

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

Circumstances permitting I ll be signing up to tesco bill pay. €45 pm for 750 min + 750text with 1gb data.

Have to decide between the lg optimus black and the se experia anotheray. Cant afford to pay much more for another phone.

Any opinions on the phones ? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

What about the Galaxy S II which is in a similar price bracket:
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/phones/displayPhone.aspx?p=114

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Fungus wrote: »
    What about the Galaxy S II which is in a similar price bracket:
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/phones/displayPhone.aspx?p=114

Have the galaxy s n hate it, has put me off samsung. Looking at something mid range to do me until I can get a top line phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Banser2003

Owryan wrote: »
    Circumstances permitting I ll be signing up to tesco bill pay. €45 pm for 750 min + 750text with 1gb data.

Have to decide between the lg optimus black and the se experia anotheray. Cant afford to pay much more for another phone.

Any opinions on the phones ? Cheers
    I moved from Vodafone to Tesco last month
    They may be cheaper but coverage is not great compared to Vodafone and their 3G
    Is very slow can't wait till contract is up to change back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Banser2003 wrote: »

Odd. Don't Tesco use 02's network?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Mezcita wrote: »

O2's network wouldnt be setting any records in speeds. The couple of times i did comparisons O2's network was quite slow. Not the slowest out there. But not fast either

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    Banser2003 wrote: »

Yeah they do but must be treated as second class by 02 cos the coverage is brutal,they haven't invested in a network only paying 02 to use it so 02 obviously prioritize their own customers, for the last 2 days every time I go to make a call even with signal showing full strength the call won't connect till I've tried dialling it twice

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Tesco Mobile customers are restricted to 3G data speeds on the O2 network currently,but that is expected to change this year.
    As regards coverage,every network has good and bad coverage areas around the country.Your experience of a particular network may not be someone elses.:)

Tesco Mobile customers are restricted to 3G data speeds on the O2 network currently,but that is expected to change this year.
    As regards coverage,every network has good and bad coverage areas around the country.Your experience of a particular network may not be someone elses.:)
    Yes this is my own experience in a like for like area for tesco vs vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I switched from O2 to Tesco. Haven't noticed any difference in speed or coverage.

Advertisement