Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do They get their own thread?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I just notice Zamano has their own thread, ironically in the consumer issues area. Unfortunately, or fortunately the thread is closed so I can not post there. I think Boards is great, but sometimes gets carried away with political correctness or fear of lawsuits and protects the <SNIP>, as opposed to the victims of the <SNIP>. Since I was once a victim of theirs a few years back and I never received any adjustment or closure I feel very strongly against them and it appears they still haven't cleaned up their act and organisations like theirs exist for only one purpose and that's to <SNIP>. Meanwhile comreg lets them get away with murder and even Boards now seems to be protecting them. Let's face it, Zamano is an <SNIP>, maybe because comreg is out of touch or on the take, it may be technically legal, but it shouldn't be. How can anyone defend the undefendable?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Feedback, as this is not appropriate to the Consumer Issues forum.

The thread to which you refer is a long-running thread, with lots of discussion relating to Zamano.

Nicola (from the Boards team) and I have been in discussion about this thread, and we made the decision to close the thread, based on the current situation. We did not delete the thread, or remove the information from the public view. As the Zamano representative had not completed their official Boards verification process, we decided to close the thread until such time as they would be eligible to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

SeamusFX wrote: »
    I just notice Zamano has their own thread, ironically in the consumer issues area. Unfortunately, or fortunately the thread is closed so I can not post there. I think Boards is great, but sometimes gets carried away with political correctness or fear of lawsuits and protects the <SNIP>, as opposed to the victims of the <SNIP>.

It's interesting that a person with 19 posts is well versed in the legalities of running a site such as this. Do you think Boards.ie would welcome lawsuits? Do you honestly think the owners of the site could take the attitude "Stuff them all, we can say what we want"?

Are you well versed in Irish law? Specifically libel laws? I suggest you educate yourself on these matters before commenting further.

Advertisement