Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor light repair / replacement

Options
  • 04-01-2012 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I went out to the front door this evening to change the bulb over the door. When I took off the round plastic cover the bulb fell out. Having a look at it, it seems the plastic recesses that grip the push in bulb have degraded and cracked off. Here's a pic.

If anyone can tell me the handiest way to repair it, or otherwise a cheap option to replace the light altogether I'd be delighted.

Thanks!

187146.jpeg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Just get a bulkhead fitting in an electrical wholesaler. That one in your pic looks like a circular one. You can ask to see what fittings they have.

Make sure not to out a higher wattage bulb in than the max it says in the fitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Just get a bulkhead fitting in an electrical wholesaler. That one in your pic looks like a circular one. You can ask to see what fittings they have.

Make sure not to out a higher wattage bulb in than the max it says in the fitting.

Sorry I should've said its a porch light so it's a horizontal one on the roof of the porch. It's an electrician job to get it fixed then yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Trotter wrote: »
    Sorry I should've said its a porch light so it's a horizontal one on the roof of the porch. It's an electrician job to get it fixed then yeah?

If you know an electrician, that would be the best way to change it.

Advertisement