Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for Guitar teachers

Options
  • 04-01-2012 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭

I've my first pupil lined up for giving beginner guitar lessons to. There's a lot of stuff on line to use as material for tuition, but does anyone know the best sites to use for source materials for students?

Jsut something that i can throw up on a projector like chord diagrams etc, i suppose its a bit of a dumb question because there is a load of stuff out there, but i'm just wondering if there are any sites in particular that are advantageous as a teaching tool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Could you type up anything yourself or copy a chapter out of a book you have?

Doing chords would be as easy as making a table in word say six columns across and however many rows and putting an 'x' beside the string that should be held down. I know that this might not work as you can't put the 'x' directly on the string, but you could align it to the left or right of the cell to denote which string you're referring to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

chin_grin wrote: »
    Could you type up anything yourself or copy a chapter out of a book you have?

Doing chords would be as easy as making a table in word say six columns across and however many rows and putting an 'x' beside the string that should be held down. I know that this might not work as you can't put the 'x' directly on the string, but you could align it to the left or right of the cell to denote which string you're referring to.

Yup, i got a good bit of stuff for hand outs and all that, but was just wondering if there were any specific sites.

I can fire them up on the projector as well as handing them out. Twill make life a lot easier. The more professional looking i get the better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not a guitar teacher and I'm not about to recommend a website but Guitar Pro can output tab and standard notation to a variety of formats. I'm in work at the moment but I'll upload some samples this evening.

Advertisement