Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap diesel in Jonesboro ? (Mod note post #26)

Options
  • 04-01-2012 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about cheap diesel in Jonesboro, I was told about it yesterday. Its just past the market, you turn left at the corner They have a sign up saying "road diesel" and they're charging 1.05 a litre, great saving but I'd like a bit more information before I'd consider it.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

bnear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about cheap diesel in Jonesboro, I was told about it yesterday. Its just past the market, you turn left at the corner They have a sign up saying "road diesel" and they're charging 1.05 a litre, great saving but I'd like a bit more information before I'd consider it.....
    you can be fairly certain that this is not regular road diesel, it is most likely agricultural diesel with the colour removed via a messy process that leaves quite a lot of toxic sludge that the councils of Louth and Monaghan have to spend lots of money every year cleaning up

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Thanks for that, I thought it was too good to be true, is'nt it always the case...... So it might be cheaper now but in the long run we'll all end up paying for the clean up, think we all have enough to pay so I'll be steering clear of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

No in the long run you'll pay for it replacing different engine parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Avoid.
    Its washed diesel. (Red diesel with the dye removed with acid).
    It will cost you your injector pump.
    Fill up in Omeath, it is cheap there and the diesel is good.

Avoid.
    Its washed diesel. (Red diesel with the dye removed with acid).
    It will cost you your injector pump.
    Fill up in Omeath, it is cheap there and the diesel is good.

Quite a bold statement to make without some proof!

• Advertisement

MugMugs wrote: »

When you see a place with cheap diesel, but Taxi drivers not using it; there is a reason. I asked a Taxi driver why this was. He told me why. Once one of the Taxi drivers has burned an injector pump out with washed diesel, the word spreads fast (unsurprisingly).

When you see a place with cheap diesel, but Taxi drivers not using it; there is a reason. I asked a Taxi driver why this was. He told me why. Once one of the Taxi drivers has burned an injector pump out with washed diesel, the word spreads fast (unsurprisingly).

We all know its true dude but you can't make broad sweeping statements about a business on here without proof. As true as what you're saying is, its heresay.

We all know its true dude but you can't make broad sweeping statements about a business on here without proof. As true as what you're saying is, its heresay.

You want proof?
    Go and buy a a 5 litre fuel can of their diesel.
    Then when you get home pour it into a bucket.
    Dip a 6 inch nail in the bucket and see what happens to it.
    Diesel is heavy oil right? So you would expect the nail not to oxidise (when removed from the bucket) as its coated with oil.
    The nail will begin to rust as the acid in the washed diesel eats into it (acid is corrosive to ferrous metals).
    This will be all the proof you need, that washed diesel is being sold from there.

You want proof?
    Diesel is heavy oil right? So you would expect the nail not to oxidise (when removed from the bucket) as its coated with oil.
    The nail will begin to rust as the acid in the washed diesel eats into it (acid is corrosive to ferrous metals).
    This will be all the proof you need, that washed diesel is being sold from there.

*mobile facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

You want proof?

Photos or BS :D

• Advertisement

moonshadow wrote: »
    Photos or BS :D

I drive a petrol car.
    So I am not going to waste 5 Euro on buying diesel to take pictures for you.
    Don't take my word for it.
    Fill up your car there and find out the hard way.

*mobile facepalm*
    Nice attempt at trolling.
    Fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nice attempt at trolling.
    Fail.

Actually you seem to have missed MugMugs point, the point is that you've accused a business of doing something illegal without providing any concrete proof of this. If the owner of the business sees that they can take you to court for defamation of character.

If your making the accusation you have to be able to back it up with solid concrete proof yourself and not tell people to go find the proof for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Once again MugsMugs pops up to defend anyone or anything speculating on suspected dodgly fuel.
    Not saying Johnny is right in making such a statement, but you're always right there to talk it down.... hidden agenda maybe?!

kormak wrote: »
    Once again MugsMugs pops up to defend anyone or anything speculating on suspected dodgly fuel.
    Not saying Johnny is right in making such a statement, but you're always right there to talk it down.... hidden agenda maybe?!

Do you want to go ahead and show me exactly where I have "defended" anybody in relation to washed Diesel ?

Do you want to go ahead and show me exactly where I have "defended" anybody in relation to washed Diesel ?

Okay, I'll take back the word defend!
    But you're ceratinly very quick to talk down any form of speculation/hearsay when it comes to talk of fuel or washed fuel.
    A glance through previous threads is evident enough.
    Just seems to me that you have an agenda on this topic.
    Just an observation...

But you're ceratinly very quick to talk down any form of speculation/hearsay when it comes to talk of fuel or washed fuel.
    Just an observation...

Would you like to show me where I have talked down speculation or hearsay then ?

And if you actually read this thread my reasons for doing so here are quite obvious and reconfirmed by draffodx.

Given that most washed Diesel is linked to a certain "organisation" in my opinion, I think you should thread very carefully in any speculative observations as to my association with any criminal organisation without a shred of evidence. Personally I think you are talking utter jiberish in the pursual of some sort of conspieracy theory fantasy to pass the time. There's a name for that kind of carry on and it's already been used in this thread. So if you can't back up what you're saying then I won't be feeding you.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Not all diesel is altered by acid
    Some of it is by blending it with red . Green and kerosene to hide the dye .
    Some is spun in a centrifuge
    And some filtered through cat litter .
    Either way it's lost part of its lubricating property's . So they add 2 stroke oil to replace that . It's still dodgy
    And most people who use this stuff are taxi drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

No in the long run you'll pay for it replacing different engine parts.

Hidden agenda in what way, MugMugs clearly agrees with the poster but is just stating that the poster has become liable for what they have stated and can be taken to court under defamation laws because they have provided no proof of wrong doing.

Would you like to show me where I have talked down speculation or hearsay then ?

And if you actually read this thread my reasons for doing so here are quite obvious and reconfirmed by draffodx.

Given that most washed Diesel is linked to a certain "organisation" in my opinion, I think you should thread very carefully in any speculative observations as to my association with any criminal organisation without a shred of evidence. Personally I think you are talking utter jiberish in the pursual of some sort of conspieracy theory fantasy to pass the time. There's a name for that kind of carry on and it's already been used in this thread. So if you can't back up what you're saying then I won't be feeding you.

so because I make an observation from casual reading on this forum and decide not to spend all day presenting "hard evidence", I'm
    talking utter jiberish in the pursual of some sort of conspieracy theory fantasy to pass the time
    Well that's your opinion so...
    ps. there's no need for me to thread carefully, I've never made any speculation about anyones fuel!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

so because I make an observation from casual reading on this forum and decide not to spend all day presenting "hard evidence", I'm
    talking utter jiberish in the pursual of some sort of conspieracy theory fantasy to pass the time
    Well that's your opinion so...
    ps. there's no need for me to thread carefully, I've never made any speculation about anyones fuel!! :rolleyes:

Well, basically, yes.
    You can't infer somebodies association with a criminal organisation and potentially taint their reputation on an online forum where they are clearly quite active and not expect to be asked to substantiate what you're saying. It's not just my opinion, it's factual unless you can provide something to the contrary and actually support what you're saying. Attack the post, Not the poster.
    I never said you "made any speculation about anyone's fuel" I quite clearly said "I think you should thread very carefully in any speculative observations as to my association with any criminal organisation without a shred of evidence." A statement which I duly stand over.

Well, basically, yes.
    You can't infer somebodies association with a criminal organisation and potentially taint their reputation on an online forum where they are clearly quite active and not expect to be asked to substantiate what you're saying. It's not just my opinion, it's factual unless you can provide something to the contrary and actually support what you're saying. Attack the post, Not the poster.
    I never said you "made any speculation about anyone's fuel" I quite clearly said "I think you should thread very carefully in any speculative observations as to my association with any criminal organisation without a shred of evidence." A statement which I duly stand over.

Thankfully, I've never infered anyones association with a criminal organisation on this forum!
    It was just an observation (not an attack)... take it as you will.
    Although it has obviously agitated you.

Just an observation...
    Thankfully, I've never infered anyones association with a criminal organisation on this forum!
    It was just an observation (not an attack)... take it as you will.
    Although it has obviously agitated you.

:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Guys, a bit of advice. If you are buying diesel, stick with the supplier (local if possible) that you know and trust. I know the price might be more attractive elsewhere, however I have seen first hand the damage and the cost that bad fuel can do to a vehicle.

One bad fill can cost you a couple of thousand easily depending on the vehicle you have, and the fill could end up being a very expensive one.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

100% correct. I advise a few people to read the forum charter again or there may be bans handed out for future statements of this nature.

Advertisement