Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joining goldstone gym

Options
  • 04-01-2012 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

hey lads im thinking bout signing up for goldstone gym soon but i seen its cheaper the more people that join together! for 2 its 350 euro each and less for 3 etc! so anybody thinking of joining pm me and we could save a few quid cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

alphapa wrote: »
    hey lads im thinking bout signing up for goldstone gym soon but i seen its cheaper the more people that join together! for 2 its 350 euro each and less for 3 etc! so anybody thinking of joining pm me and we could save a few quid cheers!!
    good man/woman urself you won,t be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

yeah went down for the free pass was well impressed! top notch!

yeah went down for the free pass was well impressed! top notch!
    good stuff, stick at it now and don,t just disappear after three months

good stuff, stick at it now and don,t just disappear after three months

ha after 5 years kickboxing and 10 goin gym dont think ill give up now! just sick of the gym im in!

ha after 5 years kickboxing and 10 goin gym dont think ill give up now! just sick of the gym im in!
    haha would,nt blame ya i was like that this time last year was in splashworld in tramore

• Advertisement

ha thats mad thats where i am now man! i only joined there cause of the bag was handy but after seeing goldstone for more or less same price ill just drop up to billys for the bag when i want instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I like this idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I take it that Goldstone is highly recommended? Is it just a gym or is there sauna, jacuzzi etc.? My current gym membership is up at the end of next month and I'm thinking of shopping around. Some of the leisure centres are ridiculously overpriced for what you are getting. That price quoted above is very tempting but I do love an aul sauna and jacuzzi after a workout.

I take it that Goldstone is highly recommended? Is it just a gym or is there sauna, jacuzzi etc.? My current gym membership is up at the end of next month and I'm thinking of shopping around. Some of the leisure centres are ridiculously overpriced for what you are getting. That price quoted above is very tempting but I do love an aul sauna and jacuzzi after a workout.
    yes there,s sauna,s in each change room, ya won,t be disappointed if you join go in take a look for yourself and alan or one of the instructors will run through things with you and show you around

ha thats mad thats where i am now man! i only joined there cause of the bag was handy but after seeing goldstone for more or less same price ill just drop up to billys for the bag when i want instead!
    haha seems like a lot of splashworld heads are joining up in there

• Advertisement

have one person already so if we get one more it will be 316 each! we are joining in around the 15th of jan! anyone else interested pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I have two friends about to join. If anyone wants to be the third, let me know asap. €316 each for 12 months membership.

we have our 3 joining this week happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 evan 05

hey myself and my mate are joining goldstone, just looking for a 3rd person. Hoping to join asap if anyone is interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Finally went in for a look around Goldstone, ex_infantry_man, you were right, the place is class! I was very impressed, everyone was genuinely sound out aswell, had a laugh with them as was being shown around. I thought the lack of a pool would put me off but all the different classes you can take as part of membership really appealed to me! So signed up and am getting my fitness assessment on Sunday. They were booked up for assessments on Friday and Saturday pretty much so they must be doing well! Can't wait to get started in there! Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

batm!ke wrote: »
    Finally went in for a look around Goldstone, ex_infantry_man, you were right, the place is class! I was very impressed, everyone was genuinely sound out aswell, had a laugh with them as was being shown around. I thought the lack of a pool would put me off but all the different classes you can take as part of membership really appealed to me! So signed up and am getting my fitness assessment on Sunday. They were booked up for assessments on Friday and Saturday pretty much so they must be doing well! Can't wait to get started in there! Thanks for the advice!

Great gym heading into my second year there and still love it!! Make sure and do the spinning classes they are excellent as all the rest are! Enjoy ;)

They should expand now I think, it can get kind of cramped there with the influx of members (Not that it is a bad thing, fair play to them they deserve it)

I've been a member for a year now and it is the best gym I've been in what with the staff support and quality of equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Edz87 wrote: »
    They should expand now I think, it can get kind of cramped there with the influx of members (Not that it is a bad thing, fair play to them they deserve it)

I've been a member for a year now and it is the best gym I've been in what with the staff support and quality of equipment.

What do you mean by staff support?

I'm a member of kingfisher and in my experience the staff couldn't give a toss what you're doing as long as you're paid up. There's normally about 3 of them on the floor during busy periods but they just stand around chatting. I have never had any of them come over to me and never seen them go up to any other member just to see how they're getting on, offer advice, nothing like that. Any gym I've been a member of previously (in Dublin) the floor staff were so friendly anytime I was in the gym and at least every two weeks they would catch you for a chat, see how you were getting on, if you needed any advice, any nutritional information, all that sort of stuff.

What do you mean by staff support?

I'm a member of kingfisher and in my experience the staff couldn't give a toss what you're doing as long as you're paid up. There's normally about 3 of them on the floor during busy periods but they just stand around chatting. I have never had any of them come over to me and never seen them go up to any other member just to see how they're getting on, offer advice, nothing like that. Any gym I've been a member of previously (in Dublin) the floor staff were so friendly anytime I was in the gym and at least every two weeks they would catch you for a chat, see how you were getting on, if you needed any advice, any nutritional information, all that sort of stuff.
    the staff and management take interest in the members and have a bit of banter with everyone, they also make sure that your tailor made exercise programme is gaining results and this reviewed and changed every 6 weeks so at to get the right results for the individual and assessments are done also, there's endless amounts of advice that you can get from the instructors from the right supplements to nutritional advice to aid in getting your desired results and there is plenty of classes to participate in ya just have to book your place in advance so as to not be dissappointed and the great thing about goldstone is that it's a members only gym!!!! there is an ongoing expansion in place from what i see as the members grow so does the gym, they increased the mens change room and have recieved a new threadmill, cross trainer and lat pull down and i'm sure there would be plans to expand the gym in the not so distant future space is'nt an issue just yet!!!

no bothers batmike i'm glad you made the right decision and i'm sure will prob come across ya at some stage, just keep an eye out for a fella wearing a blue usn weight lifting belt from time to time

• Advertisement

the staff and management take interest in the members and have a bit of banter with everyone, they also make sure that your tailor made exercise programme is gaining results and this reviewed and changed every 6 weeks so at to get the right results for the individual and assessments are done also, there's endless amounts of advice that you can get from the instructors from the right supplements to nutritional advice to aid in getting your desired results and there is plenty of classes to participate in ya just have to book your place in advance so as to not be dissappointed and the great thing about goldstone is that it's a members only gym!!!! there is an ongoing expansion in place from what i see as the members grow so does the gym, they increased the mens change room and have recieved a new threadmill, cross trainer and lat pull down and i'm sure there would be plans to expand the gym in the not so distant future space is'nt an issue just yet!!!

See that's what I was used to before I joined the Kingfisher. Probably move gyms when my membership is up in August.

See that's what I was used to before I joined the Kingfisher. Probably move gyms when my membership is up in August.
    well you'll be more than welcome and accomadated by everyone in goldstone anyways they'd be glad to look after ya

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

well you'll be more than welcome and accomadated by everyone in goldstone anyways they'd be glad to look after ya

So would you rate Goldstone in general then?

I was raging I joined Kingfisher before looking on here back in August because when I looked on here even then everyone was saying Goldstone was brilliant but I had already signed up to the other place and now I'm stuck, going to get my money worth out of them and then get out I'd say.

So would you rate Goldstone in general then?
    10/10 pal can't fault the place, was in splashworld in tramore for years and it don't have a patch on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roy7

hey any info on the classes out there!? want to start spinning classes but want them to be good who does them!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

roy7 wrote: »
    hey any info on the classes out there!? want to start spinning classes but want them to be good who does them!?

The classes timetable is on the website, here's the link.

Any class that says Peter or Angela will have a new trainer as they are leaving to continue studying soon according the the facebook page.

Anyone see the special offer they're running now? Years membership for €225. As ye can imagine I'm only sick I paid full whack (€399) just over two weeks ago! :o Still glad I joined though! :cool:

The classes timetable is on the website, here's the link.

Any class that says Peter or Angela will have a new trainer as they are leaving to continue studying soon according the the facebook page.

Anyone see the special offer they're running now? Years membership for €225. As ye can imagine I'm only sick I paid full whack (€399) just over two weeks ago! :o Still glad I joined though! :cool:
    sad to see the two of em go,they'll be missed, and as for the 225 deal, i heard the classes aint included in this offer ya would have to pay extra for em

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roy7

Cheers bat mike!! new trainer is he / she any good!? anyone i shud avoid!?! lol
    just checked that deal witht hem, classes are included , fitness testing is not, still damn good!

• Advertisement

roy7 wrote: »
    Cheers bat mike!! new trainer is he / she any good!? anyone i shud avoid!?! lol
    just checked that deal witht hem, classes are included , fitness testing is not, still damn good!
    i guess the source that told me was incorrect on it

Advertisement