Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e mobile refund policy?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know their position on refunds?
    got an Xmas present of a Nokia phone from my dad,he bought it in an e mobile store but I'm on a contract with meteor so it's no good to me.haven't had a chance to get in to town,hoping to get in at the weekend.never dealt with them before so don't know their policy.
    I've checked the t+c's on their website but that only seems to deal with online sales..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Zucker

Your meteor sim should work in the eMobile Nokia as they do on other phones sold by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭ooter

Zucker wrote: »
    Your meteor sim should work in the eMobile Nokia as they do on other phones sold by them.
    Really,are their phones sim free?
    Don't want to break the seal on the box to check it out in case it doesn't work..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

there not simfree but emobile and meteor have the same network lock so all their phones will work with each others sims

i doubt you'll get a refund but they might allow you to exchange out of good will if the seal is intact but bear in mind alot of their phones have gone back up in price since christmas

regards

Thanks grinder.to be honest I'm happy with my HTC desire but if it had've been sim free I would've given to my mam to use who's on the o2 network.

I was in contact with someone from emobile on twitter today and it looks like all I am entitled to is a replacement which is a bit ridiculous as there's nothing wrong with the handset I have.
    Bad form that they don't refund in my opinion..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ooter wrote: »
    I was in contact with someone from emobile on twitter today and it looks like all I am entitled to is a replacement which is a bit ridiculous as there's nothing wrong with the handset I have.
    Bad form that they don't refund in my opinion..

Just sell it on adverts. Tbh very few shops accept change of mind products unless theres a genuine problem with it.

Manufacturers dont refund the shops for returning phones without a genuine fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a free e mobile sim today. Its 085

Manufacturers dont refund the shops for returning phones without a genuine fault.
    But the shop wouldn't have to return the phone,it is still in the box and the seal unbroken,the phone hasn't been touched.they'd have no problem reselling the phone.
    A friend of mine went in to an o2 store yesterday with a phone he got as an Xmas present,he asked for a refund and got one.the girl said if the seal had been broken on the box he wouldn't have got the refund.
    emobile could easily do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

ooter wrote: »
    But the shop wouldn't have to return the phone,it is still in the box and the seal unbroken,the phone hasn't been touched.they'd have no problem reselling the phone.
    A friend of mine went in to an o2 store yesterday with a phone he got as an Xmas present,he asked for a refund and got one.the girl said if the seal had been broken on the box he wouldn't have got the refund.
    emobile could easily do the same.

Blame top management who only care about sales today and not tomorrow. Shops get given out for high return rates from regional managers, therefore store reps have no choice but not to return them. In some cases managers can over rule it. Not sure on O2's or eMobiles shop policy but i know that in our shop there is no change of mind.

Its not just you returning one item. Theres hundreds of people flowing in doing the same. Which costs the shop money and time cause the time sales rep spent trying to point help the customer chose a phone was wasted and non refundable, then they have to take more time and refund one.

Thats the way management looks at it.

Advertisement