Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about amount of rounds on licence

Options
  • 04-01-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Got the licence in the post today for my .22lr and after asking for 500 rounds i was just granted 100. It's for target shooting and a bit of vermin / hunting, would i be right in thinking this is a bit of a bad deal? Has anyone had this issue and is it adjustable?

On the plus side i got the famous "S" :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

rgugliel wrote: »
    Got the licence in the post today for my .22lr and after asking for 500 rounds i was just granted 100. It's for target shooting and a bit of vermin / hunting, would i be right in thinking this is a bit of a bad deal? Has anyone had this issue and is it adjustable?

On the plus side i got the famous "S" :)

are you a member of a target shooting club? otherwise using the rounds for plinking isnt a excuse for them. i wanted that amount but my rfd told me that the super dont give anymore unless you join a target club.
    also did you write a letter explaining why you wanted so much ammo?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

no didn't write a letter and yes i'm a member of a registered target club.

rgugliel wrote: »
    no didn't write a letter and yes i'm a member of a registered target club.

Write a letter to him stating why you want the rounds and how that target ammo comes in blocks of 500. explain you will be shooting over 100 rounds in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

garv123 wrote: »
    Write a letter to him stating why you want the rounds and how that target ammo comes in blocks of 500. explain you will be shooting over 100 rounds in a day.
    of course that requires a new application and a new 80 euros !!!

BoatMad wrote: »

nope not always. plenty people got the s on their licence without paying and same goes for the ammo. its just updating it in the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

No, it doesn't. The cert can be amended and reissued as necessary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+1. It's an amendment, not a new application. At the very morst a substitution. Both of which are free.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

No, it doesn't. The cert can be amended and reissued as necessary.

no its cant you must resubmit to get different ammunition amounts FCA2 cant be used, FCA1 requires another 80 euros. this is what a guard told me. But please tell me I'm wrong as I need to get my shotgun ammo changed

no its cant you must resubmit to get different ammunition amounts FCA2 cant be used, FCA1 requires another 80 euros.

Not true. All you have to do is get the licence amended and reissued. It couldn't possibly be a new submission as you're not looking for a new or different firearm.

yes but FCA2 does not have any place to restate ammunition amounts. And It was made clear to me that FAC2 was essentially used to correct things that are on pulse and dont require a license reprint. Things like what club your in, different addresses

• Advertisement

yes but FCA2 does not have any place to restate ammunition amounts. And It was made clear to me that FAC2 was essentially used to correct things that are on pulse and dont require a license reprint. Things like what club your in, different addresses

Then you were misinformed, to be honest. FCA2 is also used to substitute firearm details, which obviously would require a reprint. For an ammunition limit amendment I'd go through my FO and just have the licence reissued.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

......... It was made clear to me that FAC2 was essentially used to correct things that are on pulse and dont require a license reprint. Things like what club your in, different addresses
    That is proof enough he is wrong. As said above the FCA2, while not made specifically for ammo increase, is made for re-issuing licenses with incorrect details. Serial number, address, make/model, etc. All on your license and if wrong needs a new license to be issued.

This i know for a fact having had to do it twice for two seperate guns.

I have had ammo increases issued for two of my firearms. None needed an FCA1 or even FCA2. A simple trip to the FO, explanation, and a new license in the post within 5 days.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Ezridax wrote: »
    A simple trip to the FO, explanation, and a new license in the post within 5 days.

Thats my plan, he's back in tomorrow, so a trip over with a photo of a separate safe i've put in away from the gun cabinet to hold ammo, althought not essential it may support my case

Advertisement