Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone repairs?

• 04-01-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

anyone know a place where i can send my 3gs to be fixed? a few weeks ago it started randomly rebooting every 2 mins and i couldnt make calls or anything , it wont even let me restore the firmware anymore so it is stuck in recovery mode and still keeps rebooting..

any reliable places i can send it besides apple ? it is out of warranty as it was bought when it first came out, just need it to be fixed fast because being back on android sucks!! :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's usually a few in each town. Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

im in Limerick, need a trust worthy repair person :P know anywher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

These are hits for "Limerick" in this forum, have a look and see if you find someone mentioning a shop before?
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?subforums=1&f=1176&q=limerick

There are more peeps having similar issues according to google, perhaps you'll find an answer there.
    http://www.google.ie/search?q=3gs+randomly+rebooting

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mcerc

I'd actually warn people about going to unofficial iphone repairers. I went to Mr Iphone on near the SCR and my phone's never been the same since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

whats wrong with it since?
    A good repair should leave the phone looking and feeling like new regardless of who fixes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mcerc

Now every time i put it to my ear it goes on mute. The screens hypersensitive.Also the vibrate doesn't work. I went back into the not so helpful gent in Mr Iphone and he just said it was the screen was fine and to fix the vibrate it would cost more.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EllaC

Got my iPhone4's home button fixed at FM Mobiles on George's St today for €30. So far so good! They give a months warranty on repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Waterbeds

may be cheaper to do it yourself? pretty simple as well (for the most part)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

mcerc wrote: »
    Now every time i put it to my ear it goes on mute. The screens hypersensitive.Also the vibrate doesn't work. I went back into the not so helpful gent in Mr Iphone and he just said it was the screen was fine and to fix the vibrate it would cost more.
    That just sounds like a poor repair to be honest, someone's either broken/blocked the proximity sensor or it's a poor quality digitizer stopping it from working correctly.

Advertisement