Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I pay household charge?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 8:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭

Bought my grandmothers house from the council 8 years ago. Joint mortgage with her but I pay it. She still resides there.

Must I pay this charge in addition to my own house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭billyhead

Further to this would nayone know if an owner of an affordable house purchased and paying back the mortgae with the local council must pay the charge?

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

Further to this are old people (90+) expected to make this payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rosshennessy

Just saw that if your house is for sale you are exempt from the charge, must put up a for sale sign tomorrow, but Ill have to ask the price I paid for it in 2006. Should be a long time before I get any interest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Bought my grandmothers house from the council 8 years ago. Joint mortgage with her but I pay it. She still resides there.

Must I pay this charge in addition to my own house?

If you are owner or joint owner - you are liable.
    See http://www.moneyguideireland.com/household-charge-property-tax-more-details.html

Also - there is nothing aboutnot having to pay if your house is up for sale !

Advertisement