Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving to iphone 4s from an android...

• 04-01-2012 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭

can you have multiple itunes accounts on the one system, or do i need to install itunes on a different pc?

can apps previously purchased for my wife's iphone be copied or transferred to mine?

can future new apps purchased by either of us be used on both devices?

should i set up a US account on itunes as well?

anything else i need to know or do - phone should be with me by early next week. I'm switching from an android, and planning to use bump to transfer contacts etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

can you have multiple itunes accounts on the one system, or do i need to install itunes on a different pc?
    You can have more than one account yes http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1495
    can apps previously purchased for my wife's iphone be copied or transferred to mine?
    yes, it's a bit tricky but they can be transferred, each app will be connected to an Apple ID so you'll need hers and yours and also both passwords
    can future new apps purchased by either of us be used on both devices?
    Yes, see above
    should i set up a US account on itunes as well?
    If you like, you need a separate Apple ID for US
    anything else i need to know or do - phone should be with me by early next week. I'm switching from an android, and planning to use bump to transfer contacts etc.

I haven't done this stuff since v4 of ios so things may have changed a bit.

Moving apps from phone to phone
    http://www.ipodobserver.com/ipo/article/moving_iphone_apps_between_iphones_bought_with_different_accounts/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm switching from an android, and planning to use bump to transfer contacts etc.

On your android, back up all your contacts to your gmail account.

On your iPhone set up your gmail account as an exchange account, switching on the setting for contacts when prompted, all your contacts are then on your iPhone

Easier and quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks biko

on the contacts - the last time i did the gmail way, i ended up with a load of email addresses in my contacts ie non-phone contacts - how do i stop that happening again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ablelocks wrote: »
    thanks biko

on the contacts - the last time i did the gmail way, i ended up with a load of email addresses in my contacts ie non-phone contacts - how do i stop that happening again?

it's actually pretty handy having them in there...as when you're sending an email it will auto populate the address depending on what you type...
    I hated having them in there at teh start and now I'm adding in email contacts willie nillie :D

Advertisement