Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LMAO went into game today with their "Bargain and 50% off".

Options
  • 04-01-2012 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

All the PS3-Xbox games €54.99 still. A couple of pre-owned game had some prices cut off and some new game out 2 years+ but that was all. Nowhere near 50%.

All the top 10 games remained the same price. On amazon.co.uk Fifa 12 PS3 costs the equivalent of €32.55, €54.99 in game. Battlefield 3 PS3 €30 on amazon, €54.99 in game. Rip-off Ireland still alive I see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Isnt that now cause of the new tax implemented

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was the same, got a Game voucher so headed in last week. Worst selection of games and only 2 games had sale stickers. one of which was saints row 2 for 40 euro. some sale alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    ...one of which was saints row 2 for 40 euro. some sale alright :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That had to have been a mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I expect if you read the small print, it's up to 50% off selected titles.
    No shop will discount 50% off everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the sale is sh1te alright, most stuff is even more expensive than it was at launch, MW3 "on sale" at 44.99? really? thats launch price! gamestops is just as bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

krudler wrote: »
    gamestops is just as bad.

I wouldn't say GameStop is as bad, got the limited edition of Dark Souls new for €29 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

HovaBaby wrote: »
    All the PS3-Xbox games €54.99 still. A couple of pre-owned game had some prices cut off and some new game out 2 years+ but that was all. Nowhere near 50%.

All the top 10 games remained the same price. On amazon.co.uk Fifa 12 PS3 costs the equivalent of €32.55, €54.99 in game. Battlefield 3 PS3 €30 on amazon, €54.99 in game. Rip-off Ireland still alive I see.

I think the store you were in hadn't done their price changes. I was in Game today and the only thing I saw for €54.99 was MW3. Battlefield was def €35 because the OH actually bought it. And I remember Fifa being pretty cheap but can't remember the price offhand
    Yeah, a fair few of the chart titles weren't discounted as much as I'd like but that games for ya.
    Got Space Marine with the armour dlc for €15 though for myself, pretty happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Steam sales > GAME sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I was in game in Dublin last week and they had some decent deals. I think the games they had on sale were newish game that havent really sold well. Picked up Resistance 3 of €20 marked down from €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Steam sales > GAME sales.

Steam Sales > HMV Sales > GAME Sales

...ftfy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I got a Game voucher for Christmas and had planned to pick up a game on the cheap, but the sales are disappointing this year. Think I'll be holding onto the voucher for FFXIII-2!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I got Sword of the Stars II for €10, reduced from €40, so i was happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That had to have been a mistake...

Woops :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They had some good prices when I went in. I got Deus Ex for 12 pre-owned, Cursed Crusade for 14 new, and a few others that were very well priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

In fairness the game sale did start on the 23rd of December. So by now there wouldn't be anything decent left. Did manage to pick up a few things and did see some bargains for xbox,Wii and Ps3 on the 23rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They didn't have much. I got Warhammer for 15, RAGE Pre Owned for 7.95, LA Noire for 5.95 and I think God of War 3 for something like 4e. Some good deals. GameStop was a bit better. Got Dead Rising: Off the Record for 15 and GoldenEye and Rayman for 25 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Was in Liffey Valley today and Ray man for WII was 25 quid. But on HD consoles it was 35 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭HovaBaby

May I add to the OP that this was my local game obviously, others Game's could have had very good offers but my Game had crap stuff in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Speaking of game prices...
    I recently picked up RAGE for 20 euro and Deus Ex 3 for 17 euro. Brand new. Sealed. A bargain :D

I know we all say, But it really is mental to pay full price for games. Just wait a few months and they'll come down in price (with the exception of the likes of call of duty etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

why people still buy in game/gamestop is beyond me

youll get far better prices in tesco and xtravision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I rarely see games worth buying in Tescos and Xtravision. They have games at launch but they don't have the same range. I have a DS and a Wii and they seem to stock a lot of shovel ware for them. So much Imagine and that sort of rubbish. I got Chocobo Tales as a present in Gamestop for a christmas present and we got Recoded in Game the other day. You just don't find them in Tesco and Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was the same, got a Game voucher so headed in last week. Worst selection of games and only 2 games had sale stickers. one of which was saints row 2 for 40 euro. some sale alright :rolleyes:

They are giving that one away free in Gamestop at the moment. They've got a buy two used games get a select on free thingy going on.

Advertisement