Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Project - Undiscovered Ireland

Options
  • 04-01-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Okay so I've been toying around with an idea for a site that will allow people to see not the well known tourist locations of Ireland, but the more actual beauty of Ireland that is rarely seen, if you know what I'm getting at? :) Allowing ordinary people to post their areas of interest in their parish, places that would be otherwise unknown to outsiders. It would be a great site for tourists and irish people in general finding out places they've never known of before in their locality.

Well anyway I did a bit of a mockup of what I'm thinking of, might better explain what I'm saying, you can check it out here: http://connormccarra.com/sandbox/places/. As you can see I've added a couple of places in my area as examples. Each location is highlighted on the map and is categorized, allowing you to only enable markers for say only "lakes in Ireland". Each location has it's own page with a description, image gallery, directions to location, share buttons and a comment section. So far I've added the categories hidden landscapes, local landmarks, walking routes, lakes but it's pretty much open to anything. I'll take suggestions.

So basically I was wondering if any of you would like to contribute to build up a database of locations. If it gathers enough interest I'll go ahead and purchase a proper domain, and hopefully create a useful website!

Connor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Good idea. One that I would contribute to. North Mayo is my area - still exploring.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭skipper756

Great idea!

i,m based in Foxford and would be glad to help out.

Advertisement