Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Walking Partners

Options
  • 04-01-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭

Well folks, bit of an odd request but im a 28yr old chap looking for a few people to go walking with every evening (i live in the askea area).. Im not ready for joining the "bootcamp" style programmes just yet so i said id try on here..

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 SBA

You should take a look into joining the Fit4life club in St Laurence O'Tooles AC (beside Askea Church) I think it is on two evenings per week. All beginners are very welcome and you can start walking before running!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi krustydoyle

I am part of the fit2go bootcamp run from the rugby club and the pres (on saturdays) and like the one mentioned by SBA there is everybody from beginners to people in their 5/6th bootcamp session.

It lasts for 6 weeks and is on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays with an optional running/walking/jogging session on Fridays.

Link to the facebook page -> Link

If you are looking for something to aim for a bunch of us took part in the run a muck challenge last October and it was great craic! Link

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi krustydoyle

I am part of the fit2go bootcamp run from the rugby club and the pres (on saturdays) and like the one mentioned by SBA there is everybody from beginners to people in their 5/6th bootcamp session.

It lasts for 6 weeks and is on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays with an optional running/walking/jogging session on Fridays.

Link to the facebook page -> Link

If you are looking for something to aim for a bunch of us took part in the run a muck challenge last October and it was great craic! Link

Thanks Tommy, im a bit away from joining anything yet but i'll def keep it in mind. Sounds like a right laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maighread

I don't know if this walking club is still happening but came across it on the Talbot website http://www.talbotcarlow.ie/Leisure-&-Beauty/Talbot-Trekkers-~-FREE-Walking-Club

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

My neighbour is in a walking club and he says its great il find out the name of it and post it here for you and there is a big mix of people in it from young to old and various fitness levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭steder

Hi sorry in the delay getting back to you
    Its the carlow running club but he says its for all fittness levels not just running.Im waiting on him to get back to me with a contact number when he does il pm it to you:) it will be the weekend as he works away during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Well folks, bit of an odd request but im a 28yr old chap looking for a few people to go walking with every evening (i live in the askea area).. Im not ready for joining the "bootcamp" style programmes just yet so i said id try on here..

Thanks

is this Larry Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

is this Larry Murphy?

And the point of your comment is??

is this Larry Murphy?

@Nothingbetter2d
    If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then please avoid adding a comment for the sake of a comment or stick to posting in the random waffle thread.
    Regards
    Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMCR

Hello Krustydoyle,

I would be interested in joining your walking group - I am new to Carlow and live in Graiguecullen. I work long hours though and am not home until nearly 8pm so it would have to be after that time.

Is that too late?

CMCR.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kylies mammy

Hi, i think there is a women's walking/fun run group is the athletics club in Askea. For the not so serious runners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mrs Sarkozy

Does anyone know what nights the Fit4life group meets at the st Laurences athletic club. I need to get moving on the new year resolution.

Does anyone know what nights the Fit4life group meets at the st Laurences athletic club. I need to get moving on the new year resolution.

You are probably best contacting the club for details there contact details are on this page -> Link

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CMCR

Thanks Tommychair

Personally, I don't get home in the evenings to join any Athletic Club or bootcamp - although I would if I had time available. My work days are basically 7am-8pm and weekends are spent catching up on on boring stuff, like household, laundry, etc. but your links are useful!

I would still be interested in walking with people in the evening, particularly as I am new in the area, but as I get home at 8pm so that might be too late for many.

Goodness - there must be other commuters like me! What do other commuters do? Are any others inspired by those I see running/walking as I go home from the train?

Mental note.....this could be a thread in itself! "How to commuters in Carlow get exercise....... and can I join in?"

Discuss.

CMCR.

Advertisement