Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't want a 21st, fun alternatives?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Hi there I don't want the big flashy party,

What are some good alternatives to the traditional 21st?

I'm female, I want to do something for myself, just the thoughts of having to organise something for other people to do with me is not what I'd like to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

What kind of things do you like to do? Would you rather something smallish and relaxed? Do you want to go out or host something yourself at home?

I didn't really organise any kind of event for mine, as I only have a smallish circle of close friends. I didn't really fancy a big party with loads of people I rarely chat to. I just went out with my close friends and had a really good time.

Are you male or female OP? The reason I ask is that I know someone who's thinking of doing paintballing for their 21st, and (in my opinion anyway) it's more of a boy thing.

You say you're not looking forward to putting something on.. don't worry about other people, do what you would like. It's your day :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I did some snooping (well looked at your profile :P) and saw you’re in Dublin, so have some suggestions based on things I’ve done in the past (some for birthday, others just for fun!)

- Viking splash tour
    - Ghost bus
    - Dublin ghost walk
    - The zoo
    - Karaoke. There’s a restaurant in town where you can book a private booth or if you or someone you know has singstar or one of those games you could do it from home
    - Ice skating or funderland (not sure when these are over)
    - A house party or barbeque (depending on the time of year)
    - A meal out
    - Just meet for drinks somewhere

I guess it just depends on what you’re into (I'm into odd/quirky/childish things :o)! If you’re doing an ‘activity’ though, it’s always a good idea to go for drinks afterwards to give people the option of just going for drinks if the activity doesn’t interest them (or if they’re broke). And if it’s the sort of thing you need to book ahead or get numbers for at least you’ll know ahead of time whether or not many will be able to make it. Even for a house party you could tell them to let you know because you want to figure out how many snacks etc to have in.

Another option could be a small group of yous having a spa day/weekend… although this isn’t everyones cup of tea and can be quite expensive. Paintball is a good idea too… but I agree with jubella that it’s more of a boy thing :P

Advertisement