Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restoring without updating to new software

• 04-01-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've recently upgraded my phone. Since it was an upgrade i was allowed by three to unlock my iphone 4. I was told to restore from Itunes with a non-3 sim. When I do this the software updater tries to install 5.01. I already have 5.01 on the iphone and even when its in itunes it says that its up to date. I could run through the whole updating process but the file size is approx 750 mb and I've a slow enough connection. Is there any other way i could do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

You should not have to reinstall the OS. Connect up to iTunes which should activate the unlock. Test it out with a different sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If that doesn't work you can download it somewhere else and put it on a USB and transfer to your pc that way.
    Then hit shift and click restore to get the option to pick your own file to restore phone with.

You can get the sw here http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-3309.20111109.64rtg/iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw 791 mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Manually download the firmware from felixbruns.de
    Click restore while holding shift and select the downloaded 5.0.1 firmware.
    The official unlock takes a couple of days to come through on iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Thanks for the replies.
    Celtxx wrote: »
    You should not have to reinstall the OS. Connect up to iTunes which should activate the unlock. Test it out with a different sim.

I was told by the mods on three that i should do a restore. I have tried with a different sim and still no joy. The unlock was activated about 2 weeks ago but i only got my hands on a meteor microsim yesterday. It is saying sometimes no service and then other times invalid sim. Maybe its a dud sim card?

Advertisement