Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clarafication / licence

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

ok so you apply for a licence for a shotgun & hopefully you get it.
    you pay the 80 euro fee and all is sweet.

so..... if you want to get a second shotgun do you have to pay a further 80 licence fee ??

how many shotguns does 1 licence cover or is it 1 licence per gun ??

sorry if these have been asked before.

niall_b73

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

1 license = 1 gun

Additional gun = additional license = another €80
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭niall_b73

ouch.... thanks for that

niall_b73

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

niall_b73 wrote: »
    ouch....

Tell me about it.

Re-applications for me and the Father this year. 13 licenses @ €80 a piece.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Eighteen for me, and for once I'm glad I don't live in the Republic. One of our club members has around eighty...sigh.............................

One UK gun licence = ALL the guns.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

tac foley wrote: »
    Eighteen for me, and for once I'm glad I don't live in the Republic. One of our club members has around eighty...sigh.............................

One UK gun licence = ALL the guns.

tac

That only applies to shotguns though, isnt that right in the UK, rifles are individually licensed and of course you guys cant get any pistol at all.!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

BoatMad wrote: »
    That only applies to shotguns though, isnt that right in the UK, rifles are individually licensed and of course you guys cant get any pistol at all.!!

Nope. It is the gun-owner who has the licence, NOT the individual firearms. That's why it is called a firearmS certificate.

Shotguns have a different kind of permit, and are a lot easier to get than Section 1 [rifled] firearms. A shotgun that holds more than three cartridges counts as a Section 1 firearm here, so that you can have a pump or semi-auto with an eight or even ten-round extended magazine for practical shotgun shooting which is very popular here.

BTW, I have three handguns - true, two of them are BP revolvers [see me shooting them on Youtube - tacs trains - Ruger Old Army] but the other one is a 14" barrelled Ruger Super Redhawk with a 2-7 Burris scope on it, in .357Magnum.

Serious target shooters can have single-shot .22 Free Pistol of the type usually used by the 50m Free Pistol shooters in ISSU/UIT-type competitions, and of course, as with my Ruger, the so-called long-barrelled revolvers are extremely popular in .22, .357Mag and 44Mag. Single-shot bolt-action, Drulov rotating breechblock action or even Thompson Contender-type pistols can be had in any calibre, up to 45-70, BTW, providing they comply with the rules. We also have Colt M1911 look-alikes as well as Colt SAA - I suggest that you have a look at the targetshooter online site....you might just be amazed at what goes on over here.

Best

tac

Advertisement