Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed Bin Collection

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with green bins (Greyhound) not being collected to-day in Whitechurch, Dublin 16?

Can't see any update on the website. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with green bins (Greyhound) not being collected to-day in Whitechurch, Dublin 16?

Can't see any update on the website. Thanks :)

Not collected yet in Firhouse either.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I rang Greyhound this morning. According to the lady I spoke with the green bin schedules for south dublin have been changed.

Green bins will not be collected this week and will be lifted next Tuesday instead and on a bi weekly basis thereafter.
    They were very apologetic on the phone. Black and brown bins will now be collected weekly on the same day.

I asked if an extra collection could be organised as the bin is stuffed to the gills after Christmas- they said they would check it out and get back to me but I don't hold out much hope for this.
    Nice of them to let their customers know :( I don't remember getting any notification about this schedule change apart from one text about the black and brown bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Good to see that the new pricing structure gets the customer a better service. Terrible timing by greyhound on choosing what week to skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Maybe I should let this goes but I have to admit I fairly annoyed by greyhound.

Try the following:

Go to greenbin.ie and look for information about what is happening: There is none!
    Ring the number provided on greenbin.ie 1890 342 342: I am told to ring 1890 929 333! (be prepared to wait a while as strangely enough the lines are busy)
    Do as suggested by the IVR on 1890 929 333 and download the latest calendar on greenbin.ie: it is a year out of date!
    Look at the collection date information for where I live “Rathfarnham” on greyhound.ie: it says the collection day is Tuesday.

I rang them earlier in the week and they confirmed on the phone that Wednesday was the collection day and that it would be the green bin this week. But as of lunch today it was sitting uncollected.

When I asked them on Monday why they didn’t tell their customers about these changes they said that they had tried to send out flyers but that the agent had let them down. An attempted delivery of flyer and no other more formal attempts at communication is a very poor effort. This coupled with out of date and inaccurate information on their web site and IVR adds up to a shambles all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

I sent them a fairly strongly worded email last Friday as I was getting a similar story from them last week- within an hour of sending the email they rang me back and collected the bin later that afternoon.

I agree that it is a total shambles and very bad communication on their part. I will definifintley be switching next year as the service is very poor and is costing me more than before with the annual charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement