Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite re-alignment in North Sligo

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Recent poor weather has screwed up our SKY reception - any one know of a local handyman who could re-align? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I'd advise getting a local TV installer, its a tricky job and best left to professionals who are trained and insured to go up ladders on your property.

Local TV shop, simple!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Get a satellite detector for €15 and do it yourself?

You may well have to do it again in the future.

Easy peezy really...

You'd think if Sky installed them, they'd readjust them for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Same happened to me last months.rang sky and was told it would cost me €100. Rang a local business but when he came out he wanted to sell me a new dish although i only called him to fix the dish. A friend of mine gave me another number and that guy came out the same evening. It was a very wet and stormy day but he insisted of fixing it straight away. I felt so bad for him, kept checking that the wind didn't blow him of the ladder. Lovely man. I can give you his number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Is it the dish thats moved or just the lnb.
    Id say you could re-adjust yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi there.
    I have just sent you a private message with a name and number of an excellent guy here in Sligo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sent you a PM for the name and number of a guy too..

.. the dish feed arm on both my dish and my father's dish broke over Christmas (fecking winds).

This guy replaced them for a fraction of the price of getting a Sky Engineer out.. very nice guy too!

My dish was torn off the bracket by the near constant wind round here, for the 2nd time, recently.
    I spotted a couple of chaps boarding up some derelict houses in Sligo town and saw a relatively recently installed dish on the front of one of the houses.
    I asked them if they would take it down for me and they very kindly did.
    I got another one in the garden of one of the houses too.
    Gave them a fiver I had in me pocket and away with the two dishes.
    So now I have a spare too, happy days.
    Last time I got an old dish out of Greenstar and put it up, worked perfectly.
    Have never had to replace the LNB.

Stuck it up the next day and have had a great reception since :D
    have become pretty good at fixing them at this stage.

Good luck anyway OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Pete M. wrote: »
    My dish was torn off the bracket by the near constant wind round here, for the 2nd time, recently.
    I spotted a couple of chaps boarding up some derelict houses in Sligo town and saw a relatively recently installed dish on the front of one of the houses.
    I asked them if they would take it down for me and they very kindly did.
    I got another one in the garden of one of the houses too.
    Gave them a fiver I had in me pocket and away with the two dishes.
    So now I have a spare too, happy days.
    Last time I got an old dish out of Greenstar and put it up, worked perfectly.
    Have never had to replace the LNB.

Stuck it up the next day and have had a great reception since :D
    have become pretty good at fixing them at this stage.

Good luck anyway OP ;)

Why not go back and get the windows, door, and anything else that is screwed to the property. Might as well make a day of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Can anyone please pm me a recommendation for someone to allign or replace a sky dish in sligo town. Some of the channels have stopped working on me.

Hi there
    Ihave semt you a PM with details.

• Advertisement

Sent you on someone too dingding.

dnme wrote: »
    Why not go back and get the windows, door, and anything else that is screwed to the property. Might as well make a day of it!

ehm, because I didn't need them and because the houses were already boarded up and because I didn't have room for them in the car and because I had other things to do?
    Not a bad idea though if you had the time. Place will be tumbled into a heap in a while I reckon, so salvaging whatever can be re-used at this stage makes perfect sense to me.
    Few more dishes down there if anyone stuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

Basq wrote: »

.. the dish feed arm on both my dish and my father's dish broke over Christmas (fecking winds).

This guy replaced them for a fraction of the price of getting a Sky Engineer out.. very nice guy too!

Thanks basq ( and johnire)...great guy, quick, cheap and friendly.

Did myself and johnire recommend the same guy? Just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Richard571

Did myself and johnire recommend the same guy? Just curious!

Yup, same fella

Richard571 wrote: »
    Yup, same fella
    Mad! :D

Nicest bloke in the world too!

Have sent about 5 people his way in the last fortnight.. and every single one of them have nothing but praise for him.

Mad! :D

Nicest bloke in the world too!

Have sent about 5 people his way in the last fortnight.. and every single one of them have nothing but praise for him.
    Basq---isnt he just the best guy ever!
    Its an absolute pleasure to deal with him.Guys like him deserve any work that can be put their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

Could you send me on his details too please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chasie

Please pm contact detail me as I also need help to refocus my dish

Sent PM to both chasie and Shadow78.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Would he sent up a free to air dish?..if so could you pm his details please!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Happy new year all! I have a mate who took over an existing business putting up dishes independant of Sky. Top man who will deliver value for money and do a great job and frankly could do with any work going, give him a shout a on an auld boardsie recommendation! I will pm the number to anyone who asks or maybe the mods will allow this "Harry @ 0867333147" ask for a blackiebest price :)

Sorry if serious breach mods, I am normally good

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Swiss Toni

Hi Basq,

I have the same problem at the moment, broken feed arm. Would you mind sending me a pm with the name and number of the guy that fixed your dish please?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 connacht1979

Hi Basq,

Just stumbled on this forum, I would appreciate it if you could send me contact details for that person you know who repairs satellite dishes.

PM sent connacht1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Anyone out there who installs motorised dishes? Half thinking of getting a setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 connacht1979

Just stumbled on this forum, anyone have any recommendations for tarmac contractor in the Sligo area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Just stumbled on this forum, anyone have any recommendations for tarmac contractor in the Sligo area.

I'd suggest starting a new thread. This was about satellites and is years old. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement