Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat?

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Has anyone tried freesat? It almost looks too good to be true for the price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Has anyone tried freesat? It almost looks too good to be true for the price?

We have Freesat HD. It uses the same satellite as Sky (Astra). RTE etc. isn't on it but you have the UK HD channels.

You will need a TV or STB with a DVB-S2 tuner.

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'd personally recommend one of the boxes that pick up the FTA channels and the Saorview channels too.

Best of both worlds

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭coldstream4444

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Thanks, it makes sense given the minimal additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

lassy's right-i've been using the ferguson ariva 120 which gives you both saorview and freesat.

it costs about 90-105 euro delivered for the receiver but ideally you will also need an external hard drive so you can pause,rewind and record. to pick up freesat channels,you will need a standard sky dish and for saorview you'll need a uhf aerial(medium or high gain depending on where your living) for the sake of an extra 10 euro i bought a high gain dish and threw it up in the attic rather than installing it outside.

i used megavision for some of my gear,they're based in dungarvan but also have an online shop on www.adverts.ie

if your unsure of installation/setup etc. and may need some direction from a supplier then i would definately recommend tony @ www.satellite.ie
    tony is a guru when it comes to fta and has an excellent reputation for after sales service. he also does installation if your interested but its not rocket science:D

if you want to buy local/don't have a credit card to buy online, then pat toner is your man,he's based on morgan st. in waterford(just down from supervalue)again another man who's dedicated to delivering a proper service.

i used many suppliers over the years but these guys are the best imo

Advertisement