Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S2 problems

Options
  • 04-01-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi there

I am having problems with me Samsung Galaxy S2. I've been having problems with the voice calls. I can hear the person on the phone with no problems, however the person on the other end of the call is having difficulty hearing me. I am told when I talk there is a muffly noise, making it difficult for the person on the other end to hear me. I removed the protector case on the back on the phone but the problem's still there. I only bought the phone yesterday!

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Have you verified that the voice call volume is set to the max?
    It could be turned down thereby making it hard to hear you.
    Audiomanager console is a handy app for giving you a visual on your sound settings..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi there

I am having problems with me Samsung Galaxy S2. I've been having problems with the voice calls. I can hear the person on the phone with no problems, however the person on the other end of the call is having difficulty hearing me. I am told when I talk there is a muffly noise, making it difficult for the person on the other end to hear me. I removed the protector case on the back on the phone but the problem's still there. I only bought the phone yesterday!

Anyone know how this can be fixed?

im having the same prob are you rooted and running a custom rom

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

I am totally new to the whole android scene and only got the phone the other day Massy086 so I haven't done anything with it such as rooting or running a custom rom- to be honest haven't even a clue what that is :P
    Do you think it could be a problem with the phone itself?

Ninjasurfer1 this prob sounds like a very dumb question but am I right in thinking that to turn up the voice call volume to the max I press the up button on the side of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

If you use the buttons on the left hand side of the phone when not in a call, it turns up the ringer volume which is different.
    If you use the same buttons while in a call, it turns up the voice call volume, which is responsible for making your voice louder on a call.
    There are apps you can download from the market which display the % your various phone sounds are set to. Audio manager console being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

If you use the buttons on the left hand side of the phone when not in a call, it turns up the ringer volume which is different.
    If you use the same buttons while in a call, it turns up the voice call volume, which is responsible for making your voice louder on a call.
    There are apps you can download from the market which display the % your various phone sounds are set to. Audio manager console being one.

Thanks Ninjasurfer1! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Glad I found this thread! I am getting a Samsung Galaxy 2 next week and genuinely haven't a clue about stuff like that. Expect more "problems" to be posted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,223 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is a pretty common problem but a simple fix, there's a mic's on the galaxy s2, one on the top and one on the bottom, the bottom one seems to attract dirt and fluff, have a look for the little pin hole, bet it's full of crap, poke it out with a pin and the problem is fixed. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The OP had a phone that was a few days old so telling them to clean the mic is...

I had the exact same problem with mine and returned it for a replacement. While still not 100% the replacement has been an improvement.

Most issues are related to the noise reduction, as mentioned above the 2nd mic is used for measuring background ambient noise and cancelling it in the outgoing call. Will try to find the setting for turning it off and post it here for you.

Advertisement