Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O'Connell St. I question the celebration of these muslims on Gaddafis and Sons death.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

What specifically are you questioning? The celebration of the death of someone considered by those celebrating to have been an evil tyrant? The location of the celebration in O'Connell Street? The "torture and death" of Gaddafi?

Is there a particular point you want to make about Islam here? If not, then I suggest this thread should be moved to Politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭lagente

hivizman wrote: »
    What specifically are you questioning? The celebration of the death of someone considered by those celebrating to have been an evil tyrant? The location of the celebration in O'Connell Street? The "torture and death" of Gaddafi?

Is there a particular point you want to make about Islam here? If not, then I suggest this thread should be moved to Politics.

I'm questioning the celebration itself.
    I think Islam has allowed this inhumane celebration of the torture and killing of captured people to be celebrated here in Dublin, because Islam is a backward religion that tolerates this to a higher degree ( and it's also a homophobic religion I might add).

I'm also questioning the militant drive from members of the Libyan communities in Ireland. Asking for bigger weapons and the like from the EU states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

lagente wrote: »
    I think Islam has allowed this inhumane celebration

What has a person's religion got to do with celebrating the death of a dictator? And how do you know all those people celebrating were Muslims?
    Islam is a backward religion that tolerates this to a higher degree ( and it's also a homophobic religion I might add).

I'm also questioning the militant drive from members of the Libyan communities in Ireland. Asking for bigger weapons and the like from the EU states.

Do us all a favour and educate yourself, will you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I think Islam has allowed this inhumane celebration of the torture and killing of captured people to be celebrated here in Dublin, because Islam is a backward religion that tolerates this to a higher degree ( and it's also a homophobic religion I might add).

There were parties on the streets of New York and across America when Osama Bin Laden was killed by the Americans.

Your point is invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

because Islam is a backward religion that tolerates this to a higher degree ( and it's also a homophobic religion I might add).

you just wanted to say this, didnt you? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just back from the Bann.
    hivisman wrote:
    And how do you know all those people celebrating were Muslims?

Just a wild guess.
    hivisman wrote:
    What has a person's religion got to do with celebrating the death of a dictator?
    It's a part of it, where were the Irish muslim LEADERS saying don't attend this celebration after the torture etc? It was a big celebration.
    I was wondering when I read an Irish soldier in the war say his religion allows for his sides killing the other in the war.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Do us all a favour and educate yourself, will you?

Could you suggest a good place to start this educational journey?

RichieC wrote: »
    you just wanted to say this, didnt you? :rolleyes:

Now you're right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just back from the Bann.

Interesting that you neatly skirt around this comment:
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    There were parties on the streets of New York and across America when Osama Bin Laden was killed by the Americans

Nothing to counteract this, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Irish_Muslim

I believe people were celebrating the freedom from tyranny and not the death of the tyrants itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Just back from the Bann.

Interesting that you neatly skirt around this comment:
    Sonics2k wrote: »
    There were parties on the streets of New York and across America when Osama Bin Laden was killed by the Americans

Nothing to counteract this, then?
    Bin laden was murdering scum who used Islam to further his cause and justify his horrific actions. I am not American but I have to say I certainly raised a glass to his death in my local that day.... As for Gaddafi....Tbh I am not well up on Libyan politics or how much of a bad/evil person he was but I would definitely defend those persons Muslim or not, to celebrate his death. He did not afford the victims of lockerbie any mercy so let him rot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement