Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill walking in cork

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Want to start Hill walking as a hobby, done a few mountains such as the Galtees and carrauntoohil a few times.

Any clubs in cork or nearby I can get to?

Anybody heading out in the next week or so?

Regards

Damian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mtmccallion

Hi Damian - I was interested in starting this as well. I did contact a man called Sean Cotter about this a while back. He seems to be in charge of the Bishopstown Hill Walking Club (seancotter001@eircom.net). Membership rate was 45 euro at the time no matter what time of the year you join them. I'm not aware of any other clubs but I am sure there are some. Also not sure what age range of people are with these guys...from their photos they seem to be much older. If that doesn't bother you they might be worth while contacting. I keep meaning to get off my behind and do the same so if you have any luck with any other groups put it up here!

Mari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mtmccallion

Advertisement