Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Laser Printer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Looks good if it comes with the toner.

Just had a look for the toner the same printer and a toner are on special for €124.99 €20 off so don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

I was looking around for one myself about a month ago and didnt see anything better then this. You wont find much better for 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭cson

nudger wrote: »
    Looks good if it comes with the toner.

Just had a look for the toner the same printer and a toner are on special for €124.99 €20 off so don't think so.

So when the 1500 pager that comes with it runs out its €125 to get a new one?! Is that high capacity [5000 page] or what?

Nearly cheaper just to buy a new one each time :eek:

cson wrote: »
    So when the 1500 pager that comes with it runs out its €125 to get a new one?! Is that high capacity [5000 page] or what?

Nearly cheaper just to buy a new one each time :eek:

Sorry cson, where does it say it comes with the 1500 toner, I don't see it, that's why I went to price the toner and found the printer with toner at €124.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

I'd be very surprised if this printer didnt come with toner. If it doesnt you can always throw it back to them. Their return policy if pretty good. The toner can be refilled aswell for about 40 euro. No point in buying a new cartridge every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

They normally come with a 1/3 full toner cartridge.

Ive got 4 refils out of one cartridge with

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toner-Refill-Samsung-ML1860-ML1865W-MLTD1042S-MLTD104L-/110671014355?pt=BI_Toner&hash=item19c481a9d3#ht_886wt_1163

before the print quality of the drum goes

5000 sheets with each refill ;-)

I doubt it you can see the other printers on offer, offer you the chance to buy the ink/toner, and like I said same printer on offer with the toner.
    Should get to one tomorrow I'll shout back.

nudger wrote: »
    Sorry cson, where does it say it comes with the 1500 toner, I don't see it, that's why I went to price the toner and found the printer with toner at €124.99.

Doesn't expressly say it anywhere but a quick google suggests that it'd be safe to infer they all come with a starter toner.

http://answers.argos.co.uk/answers/1493-en_gb/product/9385207/questions.htm

Further investigation suggests that they ship with a 700 page starter toner.

http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/print-solutions/print-solutions/mono-printers/ML-1865/XEU-spec

I doubt somehow that Argos whip it out/order it sans starter toner off Samsung.

cson wrote: »
    Doesn't expressly say it anywhere but a quick google suggests that it'd be safe to infer they all come with a starter toner.

http://answers.argos.co.uk/answers/1493-en_gb/product/9385207/questions.htm

Fair play, and as cgarrad said they come with a 1/3 full one, does this mean the 1/3 would do 1500 or only 500, only us an ink one at home.

• Advertisement

700 according to Samsung above there.

Think I'll make my way out to the Omni for this tomorrow, I'll use cgarrads helpful link when the toner goes to refill it - I think it'd be €25ish once you've factored in currency and possible duties for that refill cartridge.

You better use the store checker in the morning before you go, not 1 to be found in any of the stores I checked.:mad:

I reserved the last one in the Omni :o

You've first dibs if I don't make it for whatever reason!

Just to follow up on this; bought it in Argos today and tbh can't fault it for 50 notes. Printed me out an 11 page doc in 35 secs and the quality is decent. It's nippy enough too, you could hide it away easily.

Good to hear cson and thanks for the offer, I didn't get a chance to do anything today but I'm on in now.

Can't be got in any Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

I have a reservation for one in Sligo, if anyone is interested in collecting. Reservation expires tomorrow.

Advertisement