Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipes for breadmakers

Options
  • 05-01-2012 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi

We got a bread maker for Christmas and just wonder can anyone recommend some recipes and any special ingredients needed

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

My sis makes some lovely bread with hers so I will email her for a tried and tested recipe and post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

With bread makers you have to figure out is it a model that puts in yeast first, or last. Its important that you dont kill the yeast by getting the order wrong. It will be in the recipes in the supplied manual. What model is it? I have the beloved panasonic sd255 and the recipes in the manual are excellent.

Check out this thread for recipes too:)

Edit:here's the manual with loads of recipes

I recommend using strong flour if you can get it for a more robust tasty loaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Sister sent me this:

Walnut Bread

100g Walnut pieces
    1 tsp yeast
    350g Whole wheat flour
    150g bread flour
    2 tbsp muscovado sugar (i just use any brown I have)
    3 tbsp walnut oil (ive made it just sunflower oil and was still nice)
    1 1/2 tsp salt
    350ml water.

Toast walnut in dry pan for 2-3 min. Put ingredients in machine,
    first water, oil, sugar, flours, yeast, salt and walnuts.
    Set to basic and press start.

I dont have the size of the bread for this one but I think it is a 2lb one.
    Bake according to directions (do not use the rapid cycle).

She makes this one the most - American measurements are used so you'll have to convert.

Advertisement