Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about legalilty of hours paid

Options
  • 05-01-2012 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

I work nights 8pm-8am. Usually if you are rostered for a Saturday night you will not get paid the Sunday overtime for the 8 hours worked on Sunday(12pm-8am. If you are rostered for Sunday night you will get the 12 hours Sunday pay.

Is this right? I worked Christmas eve so even though I worked 8 hours of Christmas day, I didn't get the double pay for it. But the people who worked Christmas night will get 12 hours double pay.

I've looked up a couple of places and coundn't find anything. A few people have told me that it's not. I have had a bit of trouble with the company regards pay and entitlement as I think they are getting away with alot of things as most people who work there are nonIrish and don't seem that knowledgeable on rights etc..
    TIA.

Advertisement