Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Straightener

• 05-01-2012 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey,

My trusted hair straightener just kicked the bucket after 7 years. I'm looking to buy a cheap one for now so just wondering if anyone would have any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than €20/30 as I wouldn't get much use out of it anyway, mainly for my fringe and stuff. Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

Argos have a few different straighteners, from about €15 on- check their site out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Get the boots essentials one for €16, I just got one for the same reason and it's better than it's predecessor!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

If you are just going to do your fringe, you could get a mini one.
    Something like this

I have one of those and they heat up just as much as a GHD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Remington do a decent one for about 20 euro... It's good if you only need it for a small job, but I found it a bit brutal on my curly hair as I needed to stick on the highest setting. My mom and sister both have straight/wavy hair and needed lower settings so they found it good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

+ 1 on Remington - I had one for 10 years, it was used A LOT in that time, and it just kicked the bucket a few months ago. Got a new one in Boots (also Remington) and it's fantastic. I don't straighten my hair as much as I used to (for going out on the town and it I'm having a particularly bad hair day) so my hair is in much better condition than it used to be, but this is down to my habits as opposed to the hair straightener. I have friends who's hair are ruined from crappy hair straighteners so spending a little more can make a bit difference. My new one cost me about €45/€50 but it's well worth the extra few bob!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I have to disagree, i had a Remington for only 1 year, it was the €40ish model, it always snagged on my hair, breaking it, and the plates went rusty after only a few months! I bought it based on recommendations here and I gotta say the boots €15 one kicks it's ass. It glides through the hair and heats up really quickly.

Now it's entirely possible that I got a dud model in the Remington, but for €15 it's worth a try imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭muireann50

Thanks for the help!
    Think I will prob go and try the boots one. Had the remington ones recommended to me too but don't want to risk them damaging my hair. As you said, for €15 I can't go wrong! Cheers again

Advertisement