Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is this tefl course any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 amlyn

Hey, I am looking at TEFL courses too and was thinking of doing the 140 hour one with www.teflireland.com.. If anyone could advise whether this is a good course, that'd be great! I would be looking for a job in the UAE then preferably Duabi or Abu Dhabi but it seems they require a lot of experience which I wont have.. Anyone have any info about TEFL jobs in those countries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kimchi99

best course to do is the CELTA. You can do it in Thailand if you wish. Good course world recognition. You will actually learn something as opposed to getting a piece of paper which a lot of tefl courses offer.
    To teach in Korea you dont actually need a TEFl, but if you are serious about it then do the CELTA. Korea is a great place to work if you get the right job. Super safe, super fun, and a great chance to save money while traveling......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭esperanza1

The DELTA offered here has a very good reputation:
    http://thedistancedelta.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sedric

Anyone thinking about TEFL might also want to contact ACELS, they are linked to the Department of Education unit and the English schools in Ireland.
    Their site gives recommendations on teacher training in Ireland etc..
    they will explain the difference between CELT/CELTA and the other less formal qualifications.

Advertisement