Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking out a loan

Options
  • 05-01-2012 6:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping to take out a loan soon in the sum of about €1,500 and am just wondering what is the best bank with a favourable policy?

From what I've read so far, Bank of Ireland and Ulster Bank seem to be reasonable, with an 9th month interest free loan of up to €2,000 euro available from Bank Of Ireland as part of their travel loan and then Ulster Bank who offer up to €1,500 as an overdraft, interest free over the course of three years of your degree and to be paid back after that... but according to their website you need to be an account holder for 12 months to avail of it... as far as I can see anyway. I'm not too sure of the other banks...

Can anyone give advice on what is the most affordable and flexible overdraft/loan policy offered by the banks, preferrably interest free?

Thanks

Advertisement