Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some advice

Options
  • 05-01-2012 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi

Working for the same compamy for almost 12 years now.
    Now they have some insolvency problems.
    We found out from the internet, from insolvency journal.ie
    When we asked for an explanation, we were assured that everything will be OK.
    I don't trust them on that. We should have been told about it.
    They say that the only thing might happen now is that on our payslips will be another company name.
    I am concerned about not getting the redundancy , if after few months then, so called new company will close.
    Need some advice.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jbv wrote: »
    Hi

Working for the same compamy for almost 12 years now.
    Now they have some insolvency problems.
    We found out from the internet, from insolvency journal.ie
    When we asked for an explanation, we were assured that everything will be OK.
    I don't trust them on that. We should have been told about it.
    They say that the only thing might happen now is that on our payslips will be another company name.
    I am concerned about not getting the redundancy , if after few months then, so called new company will close.
    Need some legal advice.
    Thanks in advance.
    Then you need to speak to a laywer as legal advice are not given, nor allowed to be asked for, on boards.

Having said that let me give you some non legal advice on the legislation of transfer of duty. If you're moved to a new company the new company they have to offer you the same terms you have today and take over your years of service for a future redundancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

Thanks for that.
    Didn't know about the legal advice.
    Just an advice it's more than enough.
    To know where I am standing.

Advertisement