Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Beamish Brewery not a Listed Building??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WalnutWhip

Yes, fair enough. Though there's no need to be pernickety, the point of my post wasn't to highlight the investors.

Ah no I wasn't being pernickety, just wondering was the City somehow involved in the funding like how the Opera House is being given a financial grant or whatever. The "we're making ... " comment did imply that a tad which is why I was wondering.

If a Heineken and Co are paying for it all let them off imo, the site as it stands is an eyesore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WalnutWhip

Sorry, it’s difficult to gauge the tone of a text message --you know the way.

I couldn’t agree more that the site needs to be regenerated. (I’m even half coming round to the entertainment centre idea.) But the actual design that’s been put forward is terrible. There is SO much you could do, design-wise, with this site; it could be such an interesting project, a feather in Cork’s cap. There’s so much history at the site to inspire a really inventive scheme.

I would just love to see something more original here.

Advertisement