Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racist Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yeah we have unemployment but financial services is not that bad

If this guy is an accountant there are job opportunities out there. It's tough but they are there

Maybe he has some dodgy African qualification that employers will laugh at

But then the accountancy qualifications are worldwide and recognized, if he is qualified he should be applying

He came all the way to Ireland, passing multiple safe countries on the way and took up taxi driving to make a living?
    He's not much of an accountant so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

SWL wrote: »
    While I don’t condone racist behaviour the black community have not done themselves any favours in Ireland, they arrived on mass with nonsense stories about persecution or anchor babies
    +1

The most racist part of this store is that it made the papers. It made the papers because of the colour of the victims skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Yeah we have unemployment but financial services is not that bad

If this guy is an accountant there are job opportunities out there. It's tough but they are there

Maybe he has some dodgy African qualification that employers will laugh at

........................................................................................................
    He's not much of an accountant so

He might have the same qualifications as our own famous "accountant" ..... from Drumcondra ......... in other words, he worked in an accounts department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Downlinz wrote: »
    older age groups and sure they won't be around for too long.

Thank God, even though I'm an atheist, I won't live to see my city burnt again in a race riot.

You're welcome to your future, there was a flood and the scorpion asked the fox to take him across the river, the fox protested that the scorpion would sting him, the scorpion assured the fox that this would never happen.

Half way across the scorpion stung the fox, now they both will drown as the fox dies, in his last breadth the fox asked, why? It's in my nature said the scorpion and you should have known that.

It's you future, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

We had an incident in my town 2 years ago where a black taxi driver refused to take a man to his destination, when the man confronted him the taxi driver started to attack him. He got into the back seat with the man and started biting him on the face. The man ran off and the taxi driver ran after him.

Scumbags come in all shapes, sizes and colours, as it has been said, one assault by a scummer doesn't and shouldn't tarnish the rest of us a racists tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Africans are just as racist as anyone else..they dont a safe card cause of their colour..
    Went to school with people from all over the world had friends from croatia, lithuania, nigera .. From my experience there were africans in our school who would be aggresive , loud and rasict to my friends who would walk past them in lunch breaks.. My mother friend too neigbours attacked her over where she parks her car and called her white thrash ...
    I cant stand racist people no matter what size,colour or what nationality you are , ive no time for it but singling out a country is bollox..
    Theres a reason ive being told people avoid black taxi drivers , couple of friends of mine told me they over charge , not friendly and some have being refused to go to their destination.
    People need also to stop making racist thread forums , sick of them at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

gbee wrote: »
    Thank God, even though I'm an atheist, I won't live to see my city burnt again in a race riot.

You're welcome to your future, there was a flood and the scorpion asked the fox to take him across the river, the fox protested that the scorpion would sting him, the scorpion assured the fox that this would never happen.

Half way across the scorpion stung the fox, now they both will drown as the fox dies, in his last breadth the fox asked, why? It's in my nature said the scorpion and you should have known that.

It's you future, enjoy.

Give DRM a ring. I think they've a vacancy for a new Fuhrer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I wouldn't have any problem getting into a taxi driven by a coloured person. At least they shut the fcuk up and drive you to where you want to go instead of blasting 'American Pie' at you and treating you to a one way 'conversation' about their views on the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Wattle wrote: »
    treating you to a one way 'conversation' about their views on the economy.

Sitting in the back, folding your arms and looking out the window stops this before it starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

has anyone made a 'two front teeth for christmas' joke yet?

Nodin wrote: »
    Give DRM a ring. I think they've a vacancy for a new Fuhrer.

Well if he had finished his job we'd not be having this conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well if he had finished his job we'd not be having this conversation.

...the fellah in Limerick was fixing your telly?

SWL wrote: »
    This story is going beyond the point of parody, the black taxi driver was attacked not because he was black but the attacker is a thug with 14 previous convictions. The colour of his skin was used to insult him the same way someone uses the term paddy to insult an Irishman or someone with ginger hair or a culchie or jackeen as an insult.

The thug has justifiably received a prison sentence, but many taxi drivers are attacked including Irish drivers and this don’t make the news, why? Because some in Ireland can’t shake off the hand ringing and catholic guilt despite Ireland never being a colonial power.
    While I don’t condone racist behaviour the black community have not done themselves any favours in Ireland, they arrived on mass with nonsense stories about persecution or anchor babies and have had their hand out ever since.

En masse with nonsense stories? You know that's not true. I think you might just be reading the news about a few cases and deciding that they must all be like that so. There's your mistake.

Nodin wrote: »
    ...the fellah in Limerick was fixing your telly?

Yes, poor bloke, they bulldozed his house and whole estate, he's living near me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I have been guilty of not getting into a taxi with a black driver, but it's because the last time I did I was taken everywhere other than where I lived. I explained this to him that he was taking the long route, but he wouldn't listen. Long story short I had a massive taxi bill at the end of the night and I was not one bit happy.

• Advertisement

Wattle wrote: »
    En masse with nonsense stories? You know that's not true. I think you might just be reading the news about a few cases and deciding that they must all be like that so. There's your mistake.

Yes it was terrible the he got En Masse wrong, but add me too to that mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

edgecutter wrote: »
    I have been guilty of not getting into a taxi with a black driver, but it's because the last time I did I was taken everywhere other than where I lived. I explained this to him that he was taking the long route, but he wouldn't listen. Long story short I had a massive taxi bill at the end of the night and I was not one bit happy.

What happened when you reported him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

The 14 blokes driving on his licence and insurance got a ban.

Long story short I had a massive taxi bill at the end of the night and I was not one bit happy.

The reports on local news radio and news print media is disproportionate in complaints from what is still a very small minority group. In my local airport these drivers queue alone as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Just to peed off and knackered at that stage so didn't bother, but its a reason and maybe reasons for others why they don't get in a taxi with a black driver (I'm not saying all the black drivers do this, I'm sure white drivers are the same).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just to peed off and knackered at that stage so didn't bother, but its a reason and maybe reasons for others why they don't get in a taxi with a black driver (I'm not saying all the black drivers do this, I'm sure white drivers are the same).

Situation isn't going to get any better unless people report them though.

Yes it was terrible the he got En Masse wrong, but add me too to that mistake.

I will when you learn how to spell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Can you explain to me your reply. Why is it BS. I'm white and I think I understand the post.

It is BS because I am black-in fact Nigerian actually and I will find it very difficult to spot a black Nigerian straight away without having a conversation with them.

How you can easily decipher or distinguish the nationality of black people without interaction with them is amazing-well unless you have telepathic powers.

KINGVictor wrote: »
    How you can easily decipher or distinguish the nationality of black people without interaction with them is amazing-well unless you have telepathic powers.

Thanks for the reply, I would not have the problem that you have with a multitude of black races, but in Ireland, Nigerians tend to stand out, ye are more organised and patter distinct and ye reveal your station in your mannerism from your children starting school to you wives who will avert gaze and other body language.

Thanks for the reply, I would not have the problem that you have with a multitude of black races, but in Ireland, Nigerians tend to stand out, ye are more organised and patter distinct and ye reveal your station in your mannerism from your children starting school to you wives who will avert gaze and other body language.

I am finding it difficult to understand your post but I will address elements I could get a grasp of.

How do Nigerian stand out just by merely looking at them? "organised and patter distinct"?? Whats that about gbee?

" Wives averting gaze and body language"- you do know that is a very very imbecillic point, don't you?

I would wager that based on your very spurious assumptions up there, you have no clue what you are talking about or more probably based on your negative intrinsic notion about Nigerians- you falsely, automatically believe that any black person that behaves in a certain fashion that you have subconciously created must be Nigerian and others are not.

I am finding it difficult to understand your post but I will address elements I could get a grasp of.

How do Nigerian stand out just by merely looking at them? "organised and patter distinct"?? Whats that about gbee?

" Wives averting gaze and body language"- you do know that is a very very imbecillic point, don't you?

I would wager that based on your very spurious assumptions up there, you have no clue what you are talking about or more probably based on your negative intrinsic notion about Nigerians- you falsely, automatically believe that any black person that behaves in a certain fashion that you have subconciously created must be Nigerian and others are not.

Unfortunately KINGVictor, you've just demonstrated a stereotype.

I have not subconsciously created it, during a local council meet up I was the assigned photographer, I was introduced to the King Of Nigeria and his wife. I asked his wife to stand with him for a photograph, she would not, my own wife, thinking she did not understand, got her to stand up and the man looked at her and his wife with disgust.

An interpreter gave a lot of hand waving and we got a picture. Later we were told it was an insult to the man to have his wife stand with him.

Unfortunately KINGVictor, you've just demonstrated a stereotype.

I have not subconsciously created it, during a local council meet up I was the assigned photographer, I was introduced to the King Of Nigeria and his wife. I asked his wife to stand with him for a photograph, she would not, my own wife, thinking she did not understand, got her to stand up and the man looked at her and his wife with disgust.

An interpreter gave a lot of hand waving and we got a picture. Later we were told it was an insult to the man to have his wife stand with him.

Stereotype?? Maybe you should look at the mirror yourself!

Apart from an anecdotal experience that cannot be substantiated- any other proof to support your claim that ' you can easily tell who is nigerian in the midst of black people'?

Stereotype?? Maybe you should look at the mirror yourself!

Apart from an anecdotal experience that cannot be substantiated- any other proof to support your claim that ' you can easily tell who is nigerian in the midst of black people'?

I've published picture and articles, I ask questions and I print what is said. I can produce the articles in question.

I don't have to look in the mirror look at one of your wives posts earlier, Nodin I think is her name.

You may well be disappointed that Irish people can distinguish Nigerians at the other end of Croke Park in thick fog, but all I can say is sorry, we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sorry KINGvictor but I work in an airport and deal with loads of different nationalities every day. Ask myself or any of my colleagues who are the rudest customers and the answer will always be Nigerians. When dealing with Nigerians I can expect impatience, raised voices, condescension, no eye contact etc. This would be the experience of many in customer service roles and unfortunately it really is the vast majority of our Nigerian passengers. Maybe its just cultural differences I dont know.

I've published picture and articles, I ask questions and I print what is said. I can produce the articles in question.

I don't have to look in the mirror look at one of your wives posts earlier, Nodin I think is her name.

You may well be disappointed that Irish people can distinguish Nigerians at the other end of Croke Park in thick fog, but all I can say is sorry, we can.

You can't speak for Irish people gbee.

You speak for yourself and unfortunately you are not doing a good job. You seem to be loosing the plot now and basically spouting nonsense and making stuff up.

I have explained in reasonable terms why it is almost impossible to determine the nationality of black person by simply looking at them, you are finding it very difficult to negate my position.

You can make up all the assumptions you want but it does not still explicate the fact that it is impossible to verifiably determine the nationality of a black person when you see one.

• Advertisement

You can't speak for Irish people gbee.

You speak for yourself and unfortunately you are not doing a good job. You seem to be loosing the plot now and basically spouting nonsense and making stuff up.

I have explained in reasonable terms why it is almost impossible to determine the nationality of black person by simply looking at them, you are finding it very difficult to negate my position.

You can make up all the assumptions you want but it does not still explicate the fact that it is impossible to verifiably determine the nationality of a black person when you see one.

This is amazing, KingVictor, earlier you con't string a sentence together, speaking pigeon English, now, now, you expect me to think you are still replying,

You're really funny, as transparent as cling film, yet you think a black Nigerian can hide in a black community just becasue they are alos ... erm, black?

Tell you what, you send me the email that you have billions in Nigeria and I'll send you my bank account.

Sorry KINGvictor but I work in an airport and deal with loads of different nationalities every day. Ask myself or any of my colleagues who are the rudest customers and the answer will always be Nigerians. When dealing with Nigerians I can expect impatience, raised voices, condescension, no eye contact etc. This would be the experience of many in customer service roles and unfortunately it really is the vast majority of our Nigerian passengers. Maybe its just cultural differences I dont know.

Perharps you 'might' be correct but the problem is that anyone could come up with anecdotal experiences and narratives which we will agree is very common on AH.

Maybe you could actually try and understand my position.

Gbee is agreeing with a poster that said that he can actually determine the nationality of a black person merely by their mannerisms and looks. I think that is a very erroneous conception/belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Perharps you 'might' be correct but the problem is that anyone could come up with anecdotal experiences and narratives which we will agree is very common on AH.

Maybe you could actually try and understand my position.

Gbee is agreeing with a poster that said that he can actually determine the nationality of a black person merely by their mannerisms and looks. I think that is a very erroneous conception/belief.

So all black people look the same? tad racist :eek:

This is amazing, KingVictor, earlier you con't string a sentence together, speaking pigeon English, now, now, you expect me to think you are still replying,

You're really funny, as transparent as cling film, yet you think a black Nigerian can hide in a black community just becasue they are alos ... erm, black?

Tell you what, you send me the email that you have billions in Nigeria and I'll send you my bank account.

Gbee, fairplay to you but I would not feed your troll.

I think that is a very erroneous conception/belief.

English lesson :) it's erroneous meaning it's wrong but not necessarily a lie, but it is, nonetheless, not true.

misconception: is a conception that in fact not true.

A broken record = Nigerian.

Oranage2 wrote: »

Don't be silly. I never said that, maybe you should be asking Gbee why he believes he can easily spot a Nigerian in the midst of black people.

Gbee, fairplay to you but I would not feed your troll.

Smart move there, soft racist card and then the troll, your wife already said I'd make a good Furher.

What you are saying is you are in fact a troll and I should not reply.

But as you are a troll, by your own admission, then I should just report you and get you banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Don't be silly. I never said that, maybe you should be asking Gbee why he believes he can easily spot a Nigerian in the midst of balck people.

I would but he's everything I dislike - Cowardly when not behind his keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

I was parked in a family car space at Tescos recently with my kids in the back waiting for my wife to come out.

Next of all this gold coloured BMW parks arseways beside me, in another family car space. I look into the car and see a black fella, fair enough, I look into the back to see if there are any child seats in the there, nope.

The bloke sees me looking into his car starts staring at me as if to say 'WTF are you looking at?', so I keep looking at him.

He gets out of his car starts looking into my car, then walks towards the entrance, looking back and obviously cursing me.

I found myself thinking 'F*cking ignorant Nigerian'.

I just automatically thought he was Nigerian because he was Black, ignorant and rude.

• Advertisement

I would but he's everything I dislike - Cowardly when not behind his keyboard.

Newspapers at dawn. I smack the Irish Times across your cheek, Sir. Seconds out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

He actually said different nationalities look the same.
    Don't be silly. I never said that, maybe you should be asking Gbee why he believes he can easily spot a Nigerian in the midst of balck people.

I'll answer that for Gbee. They're talking absolute bollocks. Of course they can't tell a Nigerian from a Togolese, Ghanian, Liberian, Cameroonian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

would you be able to tell the difference between different asians, like chinese, vietnamese, thai and other countries in that vicinity?

would africa be a similar situation or is it more of a mixed pot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Maybe you should produce them or explain how you can, rather than keep going on about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Togolese, Ghanian, Liberian, Cameroonian.

187346.jpg
    187347.JPG
    187348.jpg
    187349.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

187346.jpg
    187347.JPG

Damn, them Togalize women be ugggly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

That Toglese bloke is definitely a Nigerian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

187346.jpg
    187347.JPG
    187348.jpg
    187349.jpg

Brilliant. You made me look a fool there. Accept my apologies :rolleyes:

K-9 wrote: »
    Maybe you should produce them or explain how you can, rather than keep going on about it.

You know, I have, repeatedly. You don't want to listen. So it's no skin off my nose, I won't be deported but, some of what is said here, reinforces deportation policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I won't be deported but, some of what is said here, reinforces deportation policies.

There is no need for stuff like that whatsoever, like what exactly do you mean? You seem extremely agitated and worked up, not good to get so worked up.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Hey everybody let's all chill. Life's way too short to give a sh*t about anything. In 5 billion years, the sun will have grown to an unimaginable size and consumed this wonderful planet we have all so fortunately been born on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement