Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racist Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Nodin wrote: »
    Why?

The country is bankrupt, the only people that should be let into the country are the ones we need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

gbee wrote: »

Theres no mention of training foreign doctors there. Or doctors. Why not be a man and admit you're making it up as you go along.

The country is bankrupt, the only people that should be let into the country are the ones we need

And if other nations take a harsh view of Irish nationals as a result...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ive had dodgy taxis of all colours.

The racists in here relaying their bad experiences with black ones is just confirmation bias. Nothing more.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I agree a lot with what you're saying however in relation to the above..... They already do. And not just Irish. Across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭parc

tbf OP, you say Ireland has a lot of racists but then we do have a lot of Liverpool fans over here

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/troll%20face/grand/s4xqhk.jpg.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Notice the words people we need in the post. New Zealand and Australia are advertising for IRISH and they threaten to sink the boat people.

As in the post "people we need" is the optimum expression.

Notice the words people we need in the post. New Zealand and Australia are advertising for IRISH and they threaten to sink the boat people.

As in the post "people we need" is the optimum expression.

....it's a follow on that withdrawal from an international agreement would have consequences.

Now, why don't you find something to back this up, or withdraw it....
    No. We are inclined to be a teaching state for other nations anyway. Doctors, nurses, teachers, huge expense and little or no return and attempts to try and make doctors stay for five years and practice post qualifications have been rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Alot of chat about black taxi drivers huh?
    The only negitive thing I can say about black taxi drivers is that in my experience alot of them simply didnt know where they were going.

• Advertisement

Now, why don't you find something to back this up, or withdraw it....

OK I withdraw EVERYTHING I've said I LOVE Black People, I'm voting Nodin for the next president and I'll even pay higher taxes to see she is kept in the lap of luxury.

I'm going to walk out my door now and get into the first black taxi driver I see and I'll give him my wallet and my ATM card and I'll kiss the ground he walks on.

OK I withdraw EVERYTHING I've said I LOVE Black People, I'm voting Nodin for the next president and I'll even pay higher taxes to see she is kept in the lap of luxury.

I'm going to walk out my door now and get into the first black taxi driver I see and I'll give him my wallet and my ATM card and I'll kiss the ground he walks on.

So do you have anything to back up your remarks re Doctors, or do you withdraw the remark?

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Alot of chat about black taxi drivers huh?
    The only negitive thing I can say about black taxi drivers is that in my experience alot of them simply didnt know where they were going.

It's been a cry from long time taxi drivers that, that alone should have prevented them getting a license.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,398 ✭✭✭Dartz

So do you have anything to back up your remarks re Doctors, or do you withdraw the remark?

I suppose you can't read like not seeing the "people we need" comment earlier

What part of EVERYTHING don't you understand.

Please repeat you question.

I suppose you can't read like not seeing the "people we need" comment earlier

What part of EVERYTHING don't you understand.

Please repeat you question.

Its unrealistic to expect a total withdrawal of your racist attitudes to be sincere. Just address the specific issue.

You implied that the country trained foriegn doctors for free
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76370697&postcount=344

Do you have anything to back that up, or do you withdraw it?

• Advertisement

You implied that the country trained foriegn doctors for free

I beg your pardon, it was YOU who implied it was free. And if you have read all the link I gave you you'd have come across the budget element for the grant schemes under which University Hospitals obtain funding and the reason why we have so many more teaching hospitals than a few years ago.

I beg your pardon, it was YOU who implied it was free.

Au contraire. That was your notion.
    And if you have read all the link I gave you you'd have come across the budget element for the grant schemes under which University Hospitals obtain funding and the reason why we have so many more teaching hospitals than a few years ago.

I searched for terms relating to Doctors and found nothing. Why don't you link and quote the specific section?

It's been a cry from long time taxi drivers that, that alone should have prevented them getting a license.

One thing I hate about Ireland is that we cant say anything about a black people without being called a racist.

This world is becoming too pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

One thing I hate about Ireland is that we cant say anything about a black people without being called a racist.

So you think the lessening acceptance of generalising a whole group of people isn't a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I agree, it really has gone too far.

• Advertisement

Au contraire. That was your notion.

No it wasn't you said do I think we train these doctors for free? I said if we listened to our ministers one would be left with that impression.

I posted a link to the minister's budget speech.

No it wasn't you said do I think we train these doctors for free? I said if we listened to our ministers one would be left with that impression.

I posted a link to the minister's budget speech.

....in which I can't seem to find any specific references and you refuse to link/quote the specific section. Conveniently.

....in which I can't seem to find any specific references and you refuse to link/quote the specific section. Conveniently.

OK then, give me a reference as to exactly where you are looking, cause it's very clear to me.

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    So you think the lessening acceptance of generalising a whole group of people isn't a good thing?

Well, here is an example of the world being too pc...

There are alot of Irish people who get offended at the idea of calling a person black. Simple as that. To refer to someone as black.

Guy A: "i'm looking for john, which one is he?"
    Guy B: "yeah thats john over there, the black guy"
    Guy A: "whoa, geez. No need to be racist there man!"

Want another example? (mainly a boards one)

User A: "I got into a black taxi driver there last night and..."
    User B: "jesus man!!!! just say a taxi driver :rolleyes: thats racist!"

But yet if the guy said chinese, polish, english etc. Nothing would be said. Thats why this world is becoming too pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Well, here is an example of the world being too pc...

There are alot of Irish people who get offended at the idea of calling a person black. Simple as that. To refer to someone as black.

Guy A: "i'm looking for john, which one is he?"
    Guy B: "yeah thats john over there, the black guy"
    Guy A: "whoa, geez. No need to be racist there man!"

But yet if the guy said chinese, polish, english etc. Nothing would be said. Thats why this world is becoming too pc.

What a load of b ollocks, I don't believe any of that for a minute.

Extract:
    AN ROINN SLÁINTE
    Creatlach um Smacht Fostaíochta/Pá-Chostas a Shrianadh
    Laghdú ar leibhéil fostaíochta sa tseirbhís sláinte.
    Laghdú ar mhéid an chaiteachais ar fhoireann gníomhaireachta, ragobair agus íocaíochtaí préimhe, agus bearta eile chomh maith chun pá-chostais a laghdú.
    Soláthar
    Lean ar aghaidh ag díriú ar laghduithe a bhaint amach i gcostas agus i méid na n-earraí agus na seirbhísí a +€145m
    +€50m +€219m
    +€50m

+€145m
    +€50m +€219m
    +€50m
    fhaigheann na seirbhísí sláinte.
    Scéim Aisíocaíochta Fhadtéarmach
    Tá an scéim ag teacht chun deiridh.
    Méadú ar Thairgeadh agus ar Bhailiuchán Ioncaim Phríobháidigh
    Mar a fógraíodh anuraidh, beidh méadú breise ar na táillí ar leapacha príobháideacha in ospidéil phoiblí, i gcomhréir leis an modh-eolaíocht a moladh in athbhreithniú na Roinne dar teideal “2010 Value for Money & Policy Review of the Economic Cost and Charges Associated with Private and Semi-Private Treatment Services in Public Hospitals”.
    Tabharfar reachtaíocht isteach chun deireadh a chur leis an gcóras reatha um leapacha príobháideacha/ poiblí sannaithe, agus chun ligean d’ospidéil táillí a ardú i dtaca le hothair príobháideacha uile. Soláthrófar sochair ó shreabhadh airgid in 2012 agus 2013 ar bhonn aon uaire, de bharr riaráistí maidir le héilimh ar ioncaim árachais shláinte phríobháideach atá amuigh, a ghlanadh.
    Scéimeanna a Spreagtar de bharr Éilimh
    Bearta atá tógtha cheana chun coigiltis a sholáthar in 2012, e.g. laghduithe ar phraghas drugaí aicmeacha agus laghduithe i dtáillí a íoctar le dochtúirí teaghlaigh agus le cógasóirí pobail faoi reactaíocht FEMPI.
    Tiocfaidh coigiltis ó reachtaíocht atá le teacht um praghsáil tagartha i gcás míochainí idir-mhalartacha. Beidh tuilleadh scóip chun díriú ar bhearta ionracais ach go háirithe, i leith éileamh ar chógasaíocht, ar fhiaclóireacht agus ar éilimh ó dhoctúirí teaghlaigh lasmuigh de uaireanta oibre.
    Fiosraigh an scóip chun laghduithe substaintiúla ar phraghsanna drugaí atá cosanta ag paitinn nuair a chríochnaíonn an comhaontú reatha leis na cuideachtaí cógasaíochtaí (IPHA) i Márta 2012 (tá costas ar dhrugaí paitinne in Éirinn níos airde ná meánchostas drugaí san AE).
    Tá sé beartaithe an tairseach sa Scéim Íocaíochtaí Drugaí a mhéadú de €12 in 2012 ó €120 go €132 sa mhí. +€11m
    +€143m

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

Thats not racist...that's rapist.

Put down the mail and get some oxegen to your brain...

RichieC wrote: »
    Put down the mail and get some oxegen to your brain...

Brilliant. A beautifully exquisite and elegantly polished phrase.

I must save this in my list of mention for a Booker Prize.

Thankyou gee. Ive awarded myself an internet for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

perhaps this will help

RAL 9017 Traffic black
    from
    http://www.ralcolor.com/

The other options are RAL 90(04 Signal 05 Jet 11 Graphite) Black

There are similar whiter shades of White, Yellow, Brown, Orange (NI)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

What countries would these be and in what way? Or do we have to ok every policy made in this country with all the nations on the planet to make sure they're happy with it first? Is there something wrong with putting our own countries needs first?

Carlow52 wrote: »
    There are similar whiter shades of White, Yellow, Brown, Orange (NI)

I'm not too sure what you are getting at, but it will make no difference as the 'insult' follows the new name, that is if I think you're saying.

My example, not in order: Tinker, Pikey, Itinerant, Pavee, Traveller.

I might be mixed up but Coloured in England is frowned upon and Black in the USA is frowned upon ~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 limerickbanter

I thought the best of the Irish, until earlier on today when I broke up with my white boyfriend over his racist friends using derogatory terms to describe me, btw Im half black/white. So Irish racism is still alive and kicking

I thought the best of the Irish, until earlier on today when I broke up with my white boyfriend over his racist friends using derogatory terms to describe me, btw Im half black/white. So Irish racism is still alive and kicking

You're too emotionally involved at the moment, you'll miss him, come back tomorrow with an update. Not that you're wrong like.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

limerickbanter, I hope you see the irony there; you're lowering your estimation of Irish people in general based on some isolated incidents. It's not so different from a guy generalising about African taxi drivers; I have certainly noticed on occasions that they don't know their way around the city very well and can be a bit off.

However, not getting into the taxi simply because the driver is black is genuine racism and plain wrong. Without giving him a chance, you are depriving him of his living based only on the colour of his skin - he could be the most competent and hardworking taxi-driver in the city, and cousin of Paul McGrath. If you want to keep your integrity, you must give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If you have to, by all means you could ask in advance if he knows where to go and if he has change for your €20 note.

limerickbanter, I don't know what happened in your case but you have my sympathies anyway. Usually I don't label racist jokes / tasteless banter as "racism", if there is no real harm intended. Irish guys tend to take the piss out of each other based on anything and everything, and the edgier it is the more likely they'll go with it. If it's all in good spirit then I wouldn't dwell on it, although it is a different story altogether if somebody is taking offense.

Extract:

That contains nothing related to training foriegn doctors I can detect.

I suppose now we're going to see the usual sulky & increasingly cryptic gibberish.

What countries would these be and in what way? Or do we have to ok every policy made in this country with all the nations on the planet to make sure they're happy with it first? Is there something wrong with putting our own countries needs first?

America, Canada, the EU. We signed up to international agreements. If we renounce these, why should these states feel obligated to do us any favours? What, for instance, if the US took a more pro-active role in hunting down Irish illegals, withdrew visa arrangements for legals? What if the UK withdrew current arrangements? We'd be fucked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Same same!

Your comments are usually remarkably high on ad hominem , unwitty sarcasm and personal attacks and very low on producing facts to support your assumptions which in most cases are based on a preconceived and prejudicial standpoint.

I am black and I dont want any love from you; I would rather you go for counselling or do some basic reading to address your inclination for making daft generalisations and stop being so bitter about the presence of 'a particular nationality' in Ireland and perharps start living a decent life free from HATE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Theres no mention of training foreign doctors there. Or doctors. Why not be a man and admit you're making it up as you go along.

Always thought gbee was a she, a pensioner and a granny.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Always thought gbee was a she, a pensioner and a granny.

As can be imagined, I've a number of opinions on the matter, but discretion and the charter require me to say naught.

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Your comments are usually remarkably high on ad hominem , unwitty sarcasm and personal attacks

See how much more do you know now, I must say your post here is really funny, but you have gone a long way to understanding what I'm saying and there in itself is a beginning.

For my part, I now have a better understanding why Nigerians are apparently so forward and 'aggressive' ~ it's because they are trying to gain extra information, as you've mentioned how you cannot separate some other blacks by sight, you're probably only adopting the same principals when meeting other white people.

I had never thought of that.

Anyway KingVictor, appreciate your input, I'm not in a position to move much more than that, at this time.

See how much more do you know now, I must say your post here is really funny, but you have gone a long way to understanding what I'm saying and there in itself is beginning.

For my part, I now have a better understanding why Nigerians are apparently so forward and 'aggressive' ~ it's because they are trying to gain extra information, as you've mentioned how you cannot separate some other blacks my sight, you're probably only adopting the same principals when meeting other white people.

I had never thought of that.

Anyway KingVictor, appreciate your input, I'm not in a position to move much more than that, at this time.

I don't know what you are chatting about tbh...

The usual obfuscation and inabilty to address issues with clarity...:rolleyes:

I have put it to you that it is very unlikely that you would be able to differentiate between a Nigerian, Ghanian, Cameroonian, Gambian or even a black South African etc...

The other day, you put it down to the fact that White people have a superior eye sight to black people which I thought was simply laughable in the least. Are you trying to say if I gave you a picture of four black people, you will be able to determine their nationality simply by looking at them?

You have completely lost all legitimacy in this discussion if you think I want any 'extra' information from you. I never want to see you or have anything to do with you and I sincerely pray that by the time my kids are at my age, people with such so much prejudice are at least put in their place!

You are entitled to voice your opinion but when you resort to making gross inaccuracies to support your prejudicial agenda, then I have a right to question your ridiculous assertions.

The usual obfuscation

I've read your reply, all bets are off, you put words in my mouth. I'm going back to ironing my white sheet and pointed hat.

I've read your reply, all bets are off, you put words in my mouth. I'm going back to ironing my white sheet and pointed hat.

Nitpicking much?:rolleyes:

Address my post in its entirety!

• Advertisement

Nitpicking much?:rolleyes:

Address my post in its entirety!

Hello Nodin, well it's like this, I will pass any taxi, shop, bus, counter, checkout, off-license, dentist, doctor [unless I'm dead already] that is any shade of Cameroon.

Seems like the committee that is KingVictor prefers confrontation.

So be it.

Hello Nodin, well it's like this, I will pass any taxi, shop, bus, counter, checkout, off-license, dentist, doctor [unless I'm dead already] that is any shade of Cameroon.

So be it.

And behold, as predicted.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76378874&postcount=388

Wheres that part of the Budget you alleged had something to do with training foriegn doctors?

So be it.

You have no clue what you are talking about!

If you are suggesting that I am posting as Nodin then you are so so delusional!

That aside, I dont prefer confrontation at all. I just need you to explain yourself with more clarity which seems be so difficult to do on your part.

P.S. In future I would advice you take your concerns to Mods who will be in a better position to make a determination if anyone is making posts from multiple accounts- it is 2012- it is so easy to determine, I wish you could move on with the times too with your archiac and prejudicial standpoints as well...

You have no clue what you are talking about!

If you are suggesting that I am posting as Nodin then you are so so delusional!

If he can't tell me and you apart, he sure as jaysus will have no luck with lads from Cameroon and Nigeria....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭RainbowRose81

Ireland is not a multicultural society, it's a monocultural society where society enforces sameness. If i was a different race or ethnicity I would not come to Ireland because I wouldn't have the same chances as Irish/white people because of inequality. There is are many forms of inequality here even if you are Irish/white especially now more that ever if you are poor or have a disability, the vulnerable members of this society face alot of ineqaulities. It doesn't surprise me that there are racists here sure the government does not have any strageties in place to build intergration in this society in the communties, the education system etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement